Phones in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It could be StraightTalk, which uses Verizon as a carrier and is a prepaid service. This is through Walmart. There may be other offerers, too.
No, this is straight from Verizon.

If you have Sprint, your calls are free. If you have Verizon, sign up for Travel Pass. It's $5/day for the days you have cellular on (airplane mode with WiFi on doesn't count against you). It uses your same minutes and data plan as what you have at home .

Be careful of that. I think they changed the free Mexico add on. I have it with free calls and texts and 1 gig of data a month. Open World I think? I think if you sign up now, its 2 gigs of data but you pay by the minute for phone calls?

Wait I just looked it up. Open World is not available for new sign ups. They now offer free 2G data and texts and .20 a minute calls for free and 2 bucks a day, 10 a week for up to 4g data. Called 'Global Roaming' now. I hope that doesnt screw up my LTE.... Of course we are supposed to be merging with Tmobile. Maybe that will be even better?

That being said, I used the heck out of it. A while back it was it roamed on Telcel which was good. Then for a while it was on some network that only showed numbers up in the corner for the network, no name. Now it seems mostly on movistar, but sometimes on Telcel. AND I have been getting LTE. While the signal isnt strong sometimes it works great, except data gets hung up sometimes. if it doesn't show 3g or LTE, I have to go into airplane mode and then back up for it to reacquire the signal for data. Other than that, it suits me fine and I don't worry about data usage. I do have about 9 million wifis around Coz, but still. I have even livestreamed videos from the boat.

We used to have a clone of our home phones on a Telcel pay as you go, but I don't bother anymore.

Back
Top Bottom