Trip Report: Aldora/Villa Aldora/Food/Modified Bag Drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have any of you Aldora faithful gone on the all day adventure dive trip to the north? I'm not referring to San Juan or Barracuda, but the trip that goes to the sleeping shark caves area.

I've read what Aldora has on their website, but I'm curious what other divers have to say about the day.

Thanks!

Yes; many times!

This is a 3 tank day trip, and highly recommended to do at least once. However, they generally only take seasoned Nitrox divers that they have vetted, as these dives are way outside the Marine Park and do not have the same level of supportability if there are problems. You must also carry an SMB and "Nautilus" style rescue GPS unit. Booking is limited and dependent on headcount/conditions, so it is not something they offer everyday. Also, pickup for this dive is only from the main dock in town or the Villa.

It is a lot of fun, but can also be a demanding day if conditions turn.

Her name is Dinora. She is a marine biologist.

We only dove with her once, but it was so great diving with her on the night dive because she knew every critter.

Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you had a fun time.

I'm looking at using Aldora on my next dive trip.

Have any of you Aldora faithful gone on the all day adventure dive trip to the north? I'm not referring to San Juan or Barracuda, but the trip that goes to the sleeping shark caves area.

I've read what Aldora has on their website, but I'm curious what other divers have to say about the day.

Thanks!

I did it once. Carlos Danger’s description is accurate. I will add that you have to do a fast swimming descent to 100 feet or more on some of the dives to hit the reef in a heavy current. In addition to everything else, you need to be able to equalize easily and descend quickly.

Awesome dive. We saw sharks, eagle rays, turtles, a school of Baracuda, and a pod of dolphins that hung out for most of our safety stop. Just a volcano of life. If the weather is right in the beginning of November, we will be doing it again. Just looking for two more adventurous divers. Let Matt at Aldora know.

Thanks for the replies.

My understanding is that they only require two qualifying divers to make the trip.

Thanks for the replies.

My understanding is that they only require two qualifying divers to make the trip.

My recollection is that they need four.

For the record, we do need good sea conditions and 4 divers. Given that we do have many divers almost all days, and 9 boats it is usually not difficult to find 4 qualified divers that want to go.

In my opinion the Shark Cave dive should be on every serious diver's bucket list, and not just for the sleeping sharks. It is truly an unspoiled area just bursting with life and animals you seldom see in the National Park.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

View attachment 482584 This Dario? He is one of the best DM's we have had anywhere. My wife still won't let me get the tattoo. Glad he is still there!! We're in Coz Oct 29-5th.

Thanks, Jay

Finally, a mermaid that makes sense--she has legs :wink:

@Dan G Thanks for the kind words! We enjoyed diving with you, too. Hope that you'll come back before too long. We can do it all over again!
Give a shout with your next dates, and maybe we can gather a crew again. :):cool::p:Do_O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom