Compressor/Booster Advice for CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Welcome advice on a small economical solution for a compressor and booster system to support CCR diving (i.e. filling 3L's Air, Trimix, O2) and occasionally larger OC bottles. System would be garage based (so thinking electric is optimal??) if it were mobile and could be loaded into an SUV for expeditions that would be even better.

Any CCR divers with systems that fit the bill?

Thanks, guys.

I was rolling the idea of getting an electric booster and using my twinsets as banks to top my rebreather bottles... Maybe bank 10/70 and top it accordingly to whatever I'm doing...

Electric boosters are far more expensive than buying lots of 2 and 3 liter sets and a baby air driven booster and shop compressor, but if you decide you need one, I have one for sale...

I just pulled the trigger on a brand new masterline. It was expensive as crap and will never pay for itself, but I'm still excited. Between that and my compressor I'm ready for anything diving can throw at me.

I have a sierra electric booster for sale for a good price. It's not oxygen clean, but could be prepped for oxygen use. Currently you can boost air, nitrox up to 40% and helium easily.

Right now I'm considering a Coltri Sub MCH6 for a compressor and haskel mini sport booster, pairing that with a K of O2 and helium...

Coltri Sub MCH6 Series of Air Compressors from RCS

Haskel Mini Sport Booster

Seems like nice tight package for the relatively small amount of filling I'll be doing...thoughts?

That should cover you fairly well. The issue you'll have is filling your bailout with trimix if that's in your plans. For the helium you can use a stick to mix which can sometimes be frustrating or you need to boost it into your tanks which could be slow with a mini sport depending on potted pressure and mix needed.

Electric boosters are far more expensive than buying lots of 2 and 3 liter sets and a baby air driven booster and shop compressor, but if you decide you need one, I have one for sale...

@Wookie : You have an electric booster? Is it oxygen clean? I’m interested.

I may have a Coltri MCH9 for sale, just overhauled by the Coltri people in Miami.

I may have a Coltri MCH9 for sale, just overhauled by the Coltri people in Miami.
Coltri doesn't make an MCH9. The MCH6 is compact, only about 90 pounds and 4 stages. The next size up is the MCH13 which is about 300 pounds and three stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom