Wanna buy new mask ..any recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello experts...
I will buy new dive mask ...need to know whats the best dive masks in the market
You tried it before ..normal masks not full face masks
Regards

I just bought, and am having a small love affair with my Scubapro Synergy II.

I just got the Hollis M1. Prior to that I've been diving the Aqualung Impressions, but that mask leaks at the bottom of my cheek crevices. I was told the M1 fits 'a lot of faces' so I waited while it was on back order. Sure enough, the fit is perfect. It has relatively soft silicone, too, which is nice.

I recently bought a TUSA Imprex 3D Hyperdry Mask to replace a US Divers style I had for years. Why?... I like: a full face plate and not separate panes; a purge valve in my face mask; a tad bit higher volume so it sits off my face; room to have my glasses prescription inserted.
Hopefully your instructor has a variety of mask styles to experiment with to discover your favorite style. However, if not and travel to a dive shop is not in your future.....
Check to see about return policies. RESEARCH! Don’t think more $$$ equals better because the mask is one of the more personal items you’ll purchase.

TUSA Imprex 3D Hyperdry Mask

Been doing business with Divers Supply since the early 90s when they had a store in Birmingham, AL area. Good return policy. Good folks.
Hope this helps
BTW- Incase you’ve not tried a purge valve mask. I like them because if your wife slaps your mask off your face in the middle of an underwater disagreement, easier to put back on and clear.

Cressi Matrix. It does not have a purge valve but mine always purges from the bottom and clears completely. I don't even need to press the top in to purge, just breathe out slightly through my nose, and it hardly ever needs purging anyway.
To be sure it fits you would need to try one first. I often had mask leaks or fogging with a range of hire masks until an instructor suggested I try his cressi matrix.

Throw another in the pot for the Mako Minimus. Tried a scubapro Flux frameless and a Blue Reef mask and neither were great. Mako is excellent and the fov is an added bonus

Great price and many satisfied user on the site...YRMV?

DGX Ultra View Frameless Mask

Used the Hollis M1 for a long time (always leaked a bit, and never liked the strap anchors), and for $30, thought I'd give the DGX UV a go, especially for the price; it's now my favorite. No leaks, slightly wider field of view, more comfortable, and about 1/3 the price of the M1.

Back
Top Bottom