Masks that fit small faced women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do I hate the idea of storing my mask in my fin pocket? I have my original mask case, as well as, the mask cases that came with those that followed. I always have one with me and that's where I keep my mask. Haven't lost one yet.

I have had the most success with the Tusa Ceos (newer) and the Tusa Geminus (predecessor to Ceos). Very comfortable, no fogging and smaller amount of skirt between bottom of nose and top of lip. Good luck!

My wife suffers from this problem making her diving until we found a mask that fit right a miserable experience. After trying a few, she ended up with a Scubapro Scout.

My wife suffers from this problem making her diving until we found a mask that fit right a miserable experience. After trying a few,
Over 20 years' diving and reading this thread still hurts. It is miserable diving with a mask that doesn't fit. Over the years I have moved (not heaven and earth) whole shelves and racks in search of a mask that fits. It is subtle - not just the width, but the skirt under the nose - I have deep smile lines. And learning not to smile when I see a nice fish. Small face = small mouth = regulator forces distortion to the upper lip. I shove my fingers under my top lip to simulate this when trying on masks.
The relief of finding the old Tusa Liberator Plus. Currently using Technisub Favola.

Advice - try on every mask possible, including on the dive boat (for Pete's sake ask permission first or you won't be right for weeks), and make no assumptions about the owner's face shape. I had a brilliant mask (yep, they've changed the design now) which I tried from a guy with a big round face. We were laughing, it was a joke, then there was a moment when we both thought I wasn't giving it back to him. It was brand new and you could still smell the toothpaste in it - and he sold it to me. He had a spare mask he could use. So much love!!

Finally - always have a spare with you. And don't forget to write down the name and model of any good masks you find in your log book. Going into a dive shop and saying things like it was a pretty blue and the name sounded quite technical isn't going to help much.

I wish there had been a thread like this when I started down the rocky mask road.

Just adding to the list – my sister uses an Oceanic Shadow Mini and I use Poseidon Black Line. Both are good for small faces. I prefer the field of view of the Poseidon but it is extremely low volume (if you have big cheeks or prominent cheek bones you may find that they press against the glass).

After trying out 3 or 4 masks over the period of 1 year i found the perfect one to be Technisub, it was a perfect fit for me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom