DEMA Show 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZeroG

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a PADI Dive Master Candidate, I should complete in the next 3 months. I understand you need to Dive Master or higher to attend. This year the DEMA show is close to my home, and I would really like to see the exhibit floor.

Does anyone know how strict the attendee rules are? Anyway an up and coming Dive Professional can sneak in?

Not likely. DEMA is pretty strict on the requirements.

Thanks, thought I would ask.

Some friends of mine get in free by helping out at one of the booths.
Perhaps your LDS can hook you up with one of their sales reps who is attending the show and needs free uncredentialed help.
Worth a try?

Thats a good idea. Maybe I'll start here.

Anyone need FREE labor at DEMA? I'll pay my own way, I just need the sponsor to get in.

PM me.

How is your relationship with your LDS? Are you going to DM for the shop after you complete the training? I would recommend you take a look at the shop employee requirements and speak with your LDS about getting the required info.

I started going to DEMA several years ago as the "travel coordinator" for my local dive shop. The owners were no longer interested in going so I went thru them. I paid all my own way but it was my ticket to get it to see all the travel opportunities. I now book enough group travel that I can go on my own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom