mini dome for bigger FOV ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyberduck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

are there any mini dome to put on some kind of custom aluminium GoPro housing to have a bigger field of view underwater ?

I found several domes but they seem very cheap and made for split view purpose. I sincerely doubt they can go deeper than 5 meters.

GoPro is starting to be a very interesting underwater camera for its good white balance and stabilisation, but I would like some options like accessory ports for wide angle view or fisheye, and a quality macro lense (I tried several time the macromate, but it's truly a pain to use)

Thanks !

I've got a KNEKT dome port for my Hero 4 and it's pretty sweet. Definitely dive worthy. You've gotta be careful you don't get the lens hood in the shot sometimes, but I like it.

I bought the knekt dome and did some dive at about 30m deep. The dome didn’t leak which is good, but the videos are a little soft, seems quite out of focus. It’s a pity because the field of view is indeed much bigger. I’ll do some other test but so far i’m Not sure i’ll Keep it.

It is indeed much softer. I contacted the company but they seem to be aware of the issue. I don't recommend this product at all.

Shame, mine is great. No softness issue at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom