Belize Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

9649C898-DDBB-4CB3-A2A3-57A180E2DFFB.jpeg

On our trip we go to dive the hole, but the 4 missed the window as there was allegedly too much wind for the size of the boat on that day. I have no evidence for this and it’s just a hypothesis, but I suspect that there is a better chance to div he hole on the 3 if you wanted to....
Seems possible. 3 is beam 22' draft 7'. 4 is beam 26' draft 8'. We were on the 4, we got in but got the sense from the captain they are cutting it close even in perfect conditions. Dunno if the smaller boat gives them enough additional margin of error in the wind.

I was on the Belize "Dancer" 2012 and LOVED it (first and only liveaboard so far) - I enjoyed the blue hole very much, and I am sure we prob did most of the same sites (Lighthouse reef, etc) I had been to Belize once before so would have skipped the stop to bird watch etc off the boat, had done that. The boat was nicer than I expected. I heard that many liveaboards are TINY rooms with no storage for bags etc. They were small but just what we needed, I had a roommate. The food and crew were awesome !! I am DYING to do another liveaboard and not sure where - or which one (maybe indo tho I hear so many mixed things about them) My trip to Curacao last Feb was all SB advice to putting it out there for recos for other liveaboards. Even considering Cayman Agressor tho i have been there many times.

Of the six different Agressor destinations I've been to, Cocos Island is far and away my favorite, although the new Socorro Aggressor might rival it.

...I would also take athletic tape as 5 dives a day even with boots will likely create blisters somewhere...

Just thought I'd mention that you could wear short lycra or neoprene socks in your boots. I have the short neoprene socks. They work like a charm!

Very helpful review. I didn't realize that the Aggressor III puts a guide in the water. I had the impression that they were self-guided dives.

I have a couple of questions. Does the III have a place to dry wet gear or do we need to bring spring-loaded clips to hang gear like on some liveaboards (ex Blackbeard's)?

How about charging devices in the cabin? On Blackbeard's, the outlet was on the ceiling and they tell you to bring a surge protected extension cord to run to a shelf above the top bunk where you can charge dive computers, lights, phone, etc. In other liveaboards, we had normal cabins with wall outlets. All were 110 (regular US/CDN power). Are the outlets on the wall in the cabins?

Thanks! :)

Just thought I'd mention that you could wear short lycra or neoprene socks in your boots. I have the short neoprene socks. They work like a charm!

Very helpful review. I didn't realize that the Aggressor III puts a guide in the water. I had the impression that they were self-guided dives.

I have a couple of questions. Does the III have a place to dry wet gear or do we need to bring spring-loaded clips to hang gear like on some liveaboards (ex Blackbeard's)?

How about charging devices in the cabin? On Blackbeard's, the outlet was on the ceiling and they tell you to bring a surge protected extension cord to run to a shelf above the top bunk where you can charge dive computers, lights, phone, etc. In other liveaboards, we had normal cabins with wall outlets. All were 110 (regular US/CDN power). Are the outlets on the wall in the cabins?

Thanks! :)
They have lots of perm hangers above the dive ‘ready stations’ to hang your gear when you take it off. I never had an issue with Rashies etc not drying in between dives. But I also had 2 and cycled them. Also had no issues with plugs in the rooms. There were outlets and a multi outlet power bar behind the TV in the bunk room. Also lots under the TV in the main salon and on the camera station on deck. I would always take an extra power bar, but I had no issues and I have around 6 -7 electrical devices that need recharging. Gopro/iPad/Mac/cellphone/ 2 x video lights/divelight/speakers etc.

While there are outlets in the cabins, they usually ask you to charge anything larger than a cell phone or iPad on the dive deck camera table, and charge items in the cabins only when you are there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom