Starting PADI AOW with one shop and finishing with another

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually now I think of it, in my case the first shop had a paper PIC (this seemed strange to me as I thought everything should be electronic )

Is the electronic one not transferable ?

Actually now I think of it, in my case the first shop had a paper PIC (this seemed strange to me as I thought everything should be electronic )

Is the electronic one not transferable ?
Depends. it may be tied to the student but not yet issued, or it may just be on-account waiting to be filled out. if the former, I think PADI sales might have to get in the loop to deactivate it for the student. Messy. eLearning has its own set of rules, with a PIC tied to the purchase of the eLearning.

So I have done this.

You need to request from the first dive shop the papers for the dives you have completed.

You should have done the theory at the end of the chapters in your book.

You need to get the PIC from the first dive shop or you’ll need to pay it again.

Then you need to find a second dive shop who will be willing to charge you only for the remaining adventure dives.
From what I have read and heard, the first 3 items are probably easy---it's the 4th one....

Sounds like it's sort of a mess, though I get it. So, I've completed my Navigation dive and one other adventure dive with my current LDS. Is it common for them to accept if I do two additional adventure dives elsewhere and then complete my deep water dive with them? Or, is that unheard of as well?

Worst case scenario I just burn through my vacation and take a couple of days during the week to wrap up the dives. It sucks, though, since as I mentioned I have an employer that is about as scrooge-like as possible when it comes to giving PTO to its employees.

So again, I have done it.

But the first shop didn’t use e-learning and I had a paper PIC, so it was easy to transfer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom