Where to go in Cozumel to buy a new Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are between 9 and 11 (down the street from my house). They seem to be affiliated with Studio Blue...at least they always phone there or send me there if they don't have what I am looking for.
This is where I've bought both my mask and my backup. I've never had problems with them.

So where is it? That link does not seem to work, and some of us drive and don't depend on taxis.
It's on calle 1 between 90th and 85 bis Avenues. Calle 1 is one way going back towards town. If you type Cozumel scuba repair into Google maps the location it pins is accurate.

Map:
upload_2018-10-18_18-52-48.png

Street View:
upload_2018-10-18_18-50-3.png

Add On: Javier at CSR is my go to guy for regulator overhauls. He is the 'guy' on the island. Others may be good but if Javier looked at it I can relax and trust it and proceed to dive in a reckless manner and trust my regulators

So where is it? That link does not seem to work, and some of us drive and don't depend on taxis.

The link worked great for me a few seconds ago.

As you're driving east on the transversal, turn right on 95 Av. immediately past the Pemex that's on your side of the road, then take the very first right onto Calle 1 after that - it's easy to go past it because it looks more like an alley than a street.

@gopbroek I didn’t have the same experience with your “guy”. Took me four months to figure out what was done wrong. To his credit, Larry refunded the service out of pocket, much later when I told him my story.

I found the “guy” for ScubaPro service when he immediately realized the problem and fixed my reg.

CSR does have a great selection of gear for the island and good prices.

Calle 1a sur between 85 and 90 avenidas
Cozumel Quintana Roo, Mexico
I just hit the link and it took me right there.

Wow, way back there. No wonder I never stumbled across it before. Well, now I know, Hope I don't need them, but knowing is good.

Studio blue has a decent selection of Scubapro gear. I’m not sure if they have anything else. Aldora usually has a few masks in the shop, I think Oceanic.
I bought my Oceanic mask at the Aldora shop. A very nice comfortable mask and will replace it with another one if I need to!

Sallye, I'm with you. Javier is "a" guy, not necessarily "the" guy. It took him weeks and multiple trips back to the shop to fix an ever-worsening leak in my wife's octo right after they overhauled it, even after we kept saying "cracked valve seat". When she got it back finally working, it was installed on the wrong side of the primary...

Don't get me wrong - I like CSR and we still take stuff there. I especially like their lights and store-brand neoprene. It's not as if Javier is some sort of magician, though.

Back
Top Bottom