My Blackbeard's Cruise Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@All Star Liveaboards, I've thought about booking on your Blackbeard but I have one nagging reservation... I snore, loudly. I'd imagine with the bunking arrangement I'd be likely to disturb my fellow guests... am I correct in thinking this? What's the rew do if this is an issue?

I don't want to be 'that guy' who ruins someone else's trip... any opinion on snoring on BB?

@All Star Liveaboards, I've thought about booking on your Blackbeard but I have one nagging reservation... I snore, loudly. I'd imagine with the bunking arrangement I'd be likely to disturb my fellow guests... am I correct in thinking this? What's the rew do if this is an issue?

I don't want to be 'that guy' who ruins someone else's trip... any opinion on snoring on BB?

You can bring a sleeping bag and sleep up on deck.

Get tested for sleep apnea, your snoring may be doing more damage than just hurting other's ability to sleep. That's the first thing I'd do.

Reviewing these threads about Blackbeard's has me very interested in trying them out. However, I'm still a bit concerned about the bathroom arrangements. Can someone please comment:

1. I'm a fairly big guy, is there room in the shower to move without banging the heck out of elbows, etc.?

2. Does everyone wait to shower at about the same times, or is it more staggered?

3. With only 1 head, is there enough time between breakfast and the 1st dive each day for everyone to do their "morning constitutional"? (TMI - no laxatives needed here :)

Reviewing these threads about Blackbeard's has me very interested in trying them out. However, I'm still a bit concerned about the bathroom arrangements. Can someone please comment:

1. I'm a fairly big guy, is there room in the shower to move without banging the heck out of elbows, etc.?

2. Does everyone wait to shower at about the same times, or is it more staggered?

3. With only 1 head, is there enough time between breakfast and the 1st dive each day for everyone to do their "morning constitutional"? (TMI - no laxatives needed here :)

I'm hoping there are 3 heads including one combined with shower, not one: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...nGzDAMwzTXHY7oN8_ndaGuggkilrnkzFaq9p-xwy9Raww

As far as the showering goes, I'm assuming everyone would want to do it after the last dive of the day...

1. I never used the shower.

2. Everybody on board (or, at least the men, which were the majority) did not shower until the end of the trip. So if you do want to shower, you should have no problem.

3. There are 3 heads, so never any issues.

If you were concerned about bunking arrangements I would probably suggest a berth in the main salon. Another common courtesy is to bring ear plugs for those in your same cabin.

There were a couple of nights of on deck showers when I was there. You don't get naked, but the bathing suit probably needs a wash as well. At the end there is a shower on shore to properly clean up before you leave.

Back
Top Bottom