Pool exercises/games for kids?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiron

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm helping out with the children training inour free-diving club.
Do you have any tips on fun pool exercises/pool games for the kids, 6-8 years old?

We do exercises like jumping from the edge of the pool, clearing the snorkel, dolphin kick, ordinary kick, picking up things from the bottom and so on.

Thanks!

During the 1970s, Margaret Jarvis wrote several books about the teaching of swimming to children and young people with an emphasis on fun, games and survival skills. I have a number of her titles on my diving bookshelf. Here are a few of her suggestions for swimming activities using masks, fins and snorkels that might help you in your quest to inject a bit of variety into the children's training:

1. Fin football
img536.jpg
img537.jpg

2. Frogman's Frolic
img534.jpg

img535.jpg

3. Towing
img530.jpg

img538.jpg
img531.jpg

img539.jpg

img533.jpg

During the 1970s, Margaret Jarvis wrote several books about the teaching of swimming to children and young people with an emphasis on fun, games and survival skills. I have a number of her titles on my diving bookshelf. Here are a few of her suggestions for swimming activities using masks, fins and snorkels that might help you in your quest to inject a bit of variety into the children's training:

Great! Exactly that kind of stuff I was looking for. Thanks!

Ive never tried it with that age group but it may be doable.. Attach a [bag/bottle/some kind of container] to a weight and sink it. have them work together to dive down and breathe a little air into the container each dive. the goal is to get the weight to float to the surface with bouyancy rather than carrying it up.

I showed my kid some hand signals and it turned into a game... e.g., pretend you see a shark and have to go up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom