First Drysuit: Whites fusion / undergarment questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyDyvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just bought a used Whites Fusion Bullet with the SLT system and P-valve installed. I also found a good deal on 2 dui undergarments, a 400 and 300 thinsulate one piece. Does anyone have experience using these heavy undergarments with a fusion? Just wondering how well they will work.

Any other tips or comments for a new fusion user are appreciated. Thanks.

It really depends on how much you "fill up" the suit. Because of the "garbage-bag-inside-stretchy-bag" design of the fusion it's usually pretty accommodating to undergarments. Unless you are having trouble getting into the suit with light undergarments I would think it be just fine.

I'm 5'11'' and 170lb with a L/XL fusion and have no problem layering the following:
UA Cold Gear
4E Drybase
4E Arctics

Great thanks. Mine is a L/XL and I’m 5’11 185lb. (Headed for 175lb:))

No problem! I actually just got a deal on a 4E Halo3D which is supposed to be pretty thick. We are pretty much at the end of the season up here. If I get a chance to try it out I'll update but I expect it to also fit no problem.

I am 5'11" and 200-210lb (depends on the season) and I have no issue in my L/XL wearing 200-300gram undergarments. I currently have no need for heavier but I am sure the suit would accommodate it if needed.

I dive a fusion with Hollis 450 undergarments. Feels just fine, and good into at least the high 30°’s f.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom