Is anyone diving the Hollis prism?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You missed the part where I stated I work for the shop..... also I completed extended range trimix cert in July. I have decided I am not taking advanced trimix until I am on CCR. I am already going to have to recert on the tech classes I currently have on ccr.

Just making sure you're clear that they are not just "crossovers." You have specific, agency-defined prerequisite hours in order to take MOD2 and MOD3. It's not like you can come in as a hypoxic trimix diver and jump straight into MOD3, you've gotta do all the hours first.

Just making sure you're clear that they are not just "crossovers." You have specific, agency-defined prerequisite hours in order to take MOD2 and MOD3. It's not like you can come in as a hypoxic trimix diver and jump straight into MOD3, you've gotta do all the hours first.

and there is no actual requirement to redo normoxic and/or hypoxic if you already have them on OC. I.e. since @Cyborg Pirate already has normoxic on OC, he can take mod1 on whatever unit he chooses, then once he has the requisite number of hours can skip straight to hypoxic/mod3 instead of redoing normoxic

Yes. This ^^^^^. Thanks for the addendum, I knew I forgot something at 5am Osaka time....

Yes. I am aware of those standards. That is where the addl flights and hotel costs came in that I was also figuring into the equation. After I met the hours requirements to move to the next module. Then needing to pack up and fly to Florida or wherever to get the next module of training.

Yes. I am aware of those standards. That is where the addl flights and hotel costs came in that I was also figuring into the equation. After I met the hours requirements to move to the next module. Then needing to pack up and fly to Florida or wherever to get the next module of training.

your local instructor should be able to do Mod3 on whatever unit you choose locally

your local instructor should be able to do Mod3 on whatever unit you choose locally
See that I didn’t know until a couple days ago. I thought for some reason it was all unit specific

See that I didn’t know until a couple days ago. I thought for some reason it was all unit specific

negatory. I think one or two of the agencies require the instructor to be diver certified on the students rebreather, but I can't remember which. @kensuf do you know off hand the rules?

and there is no actual requirement to redo normoxic and/or hypoxic if you already have them on OC. I.e. since @Cyborg Pirate already has normoxic on OC, he can take mod1 on whatever unit he chooses, then once he has the requisite number of hours can skip straight to hypoxic/mod3 instead of redoing normoxic

That's not how this works.

He will still have to meet the qualifications for MOD2 on the rebreather before he can do MOD3. The only thing you can get OC credit for is Air DIL versus Air DIL Deco/Helitrox DIL Deco.

@kensuf thanks, I thought IANTD was like that, but that there was more flexibility

on the mod2, are you saying have to take the class, or just meet the requirements? i.e. the 100 hours over 100 dives etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom