It's snowing!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
I am in Belleville right now and it has been snowing on and off all morning. Is anyone else getting any of the white stuff.

Very light flurries in TO. Sigh.... have to add the chainsaw to the "Save a dive" kit now.

(Lucky I have a dry suit! :D)

So, the big question is, how many of the Freaks will be doing their Ice Diving specialty this year.

if conditions permit, I'd certainly be interested.

Debating whether to attempt such folly wet or dry. Hm..... been diving dry so long now that a wetsuit starts to sound excruciating.......... :11:

Never thought that question would ever leave my lips/keyboard....

cobaltbabe:
So, the big question is, how many of the Freaks will be doing their Ice Diving specialty this year.
Hi Cobaltbaby if you want you can join me for classroom portion of the course in San Andres Columbia begining of December.The dives can be done in a freezing Margaritta.Do you think we'll be within PADI standards ? :D

That would rock Norbert, I am not sure if I will be around when you are doing that though. I am having a hard enough time getting off work to go to Florida little lone Columbia!! And although PADI may not like it I am sure Naui might be ok with it. :wink:(disclaimer: no agencies were harmed in this post).

Sorry for what seems to be a newbie question, but what is required for the ice diving speciality? Is it meant to be done after AOW? Furthermore does anyone know if anyone in the GTA will be offering it? Or I suppose it just depends on interest, eh?

Also a question for all of you - do you OFWF tend to treat the "off season" as just that, the off season, or do you still actively get out in this area? I'm not really in the position to go anywhere warm, but even to join a club to get into the pool or something like that would make me a happy camper. I'm new to the area and just trying to get an idea of the dive shops/clubs in the area.

Thanks guys in advance for all of your help!

Ryan.

vtown7:
Sorry for what seems to be a newbie question, but what is required for the ice diving speciality? Is it meant to be done after AOW? Furthermore does anyone know if anyone in the GTA will be offering it? Or I suppose it just depends on interest, eh?

Also a question for all of you - do you OFWF tend to treat the "off season" as just that, the off season, or do you still actively get out in this area? I'm not really in the position to go anywhere warm, but even to join a club to get into the pool or something like that would make me a happy camper. I'm new to the area and just trying to get an idea of the dive shops/clubs in the area.

Thanks guys in advance for all of your help!

Ryan.

Yes, all specialities take place after AOW. Most stores offer Ice Diving. Like most specialities there is a classroom session and then a diving session. I think that just the AOW is required. KNowing how to tie knots, run a saw, stay warm, and the coordinates to the nearest Tim Hortons are useful Ice skills.

Different people will do different things during the winter. Some stop diving and dream, some hit the pools, some rev up the ol chainsaw, some go south. Some hang out on Scubaboard and pretend........

Back
Top Bottom