Network Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
If it seems like the board has been slower this weekend that's because it has been. Our network center, one of the largest on the planet, has been hit by some connection issues forcing them to drop down to less then their full bandwidth throughput. Hopefully this issue will be resolved by Monday morning.

Thanks for letting us know... I thought that maybe it was just my computer... it was really slow earlier this evening, but its all fixed now!

The issue seems to be resolved for now, hopefully that remains the case as many, many sites use this network provider.

Yeah, I thought it was my pitiful aol dial-up unitl a Mod mentioned it to me. I know you like to do updates on weekends, when it's not as busy - 'casue many people come in during their work hours, but this is the deal, eh?

Thanks again for the software referral. I used the spyware and adaware both, and cleared up a lot of known problems as well the copy & paste issue I was having Sunday morning. :thumb: Much better than the ones I had!!

It wasn't your dialup DandyDon, your cable baltimoron or even our server or an update... Even the biggest companies have network problems.

Tech Admin:
It wasn't your dialup DandyDon, your cable baltimoron or even our server or an update... Even the biggest companies have network problems.

I feel better. I was concerned that it was either my thing with the blinky lights or my Machine that goes "Bing"

(Actually, I not that computer illiterate - I moved my modem to the shelf above my PC so that the data would roll downhill into my computer and thus be faster! )

Well, things seems to have gone back to nasty for me: posts are slow to load, pages sometimes load erratically (I have text on a white background).

Thoughts?

Yeah, it seems awfully slow at times. Reckon they have crows holding onto the lines too tight? :silly:

DandyDon:
Yeah, it seems awfully slow at times. Reckon they have crows holding onto the lines too tight? :silly:

:lol: Must be Gremlins, Don. :devil:

Back
Top Bottom