The Third Dive: The Death of Rob Stewart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are so many slanted views in there that it's more of a hit piece than a documentary. It appears that someone had their mind made up and went about sharing facts that appear to be prima facie valid.

Huh, sounds exactly what he considers "journalism....."

To the few trolls that inhabit this dive forum (as they unfortunately do on so many on line locations) thank you as well. Your predictable ranting and raving drove up the numbers on this thread with only the slightest waving of a red flag. Who says the fine sport of bull baiting is dead.
Why don't you tell us straightforward whom you think are the trolls, and what their trollish rants and raves are? Just like in the article you linked to, there's very little actual substance here.

You are always free to report any post that you feel is trolling or inappropriate. Just click on the report button at the bottom of the post. You can report members of the staff and they do get moderated like everybody else, even Pete.

Your predictable ranting and raving drove up the numbers on this thread with only the slightest waving of a red flag. Who says the fine sport of bull baiting is dead.
It's all about the numbers in these halcyon social media days. Never mind the quality, feel the width.

Serious question, was it a conscious choice to leave out the fact that the instructor is currently suspended from teaching? I don't know the circumstances surrounding it but regardless of whether the agency is right or wrong wouldn't this be incredibly pertinent to address? You glossed over the idea that he was going too fast but never mentioned anything about whether or not his training met standards or if he even met criteria to be certified for these dives.

I can't speak to this point for certain, without reading the depositions from agency and instructor, but I know the biggest thing that's being talked about, under hushed whispers, is that agency and manufacturer standards were violated. If this isn't true then wouldn't it make sense to set the record straight?

@Rosborne was last on 8:57pm last night, so he's probably read a number of these questions but still feels it appropriate not to answer them. After reading his last response again, I doubt he'll address these issues as that would not be in his best interest. After all he's a self confessed troll himself.
Who says the fine sport of bull baiting is dead.

If you haven't watched this hit piece: don't bother. It's not worth the time you'll waste and you won't have an better understanding of the issues after you finish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom