ScubaBoard FallFest MegaDive 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got peppers and mild sausage for the mega omelettes, black bean salsa for Sat. dinner, and spoons for brekky food line.

Slight change of logistics for us; we lost Aquacat, our big tent broke, and we're leaving later Friday. So we'll be livin' large at the Cadillac-ac-ac-ac-ac-ac and showing up at brekkie time with supplies to hang all Saturday.

Bringing: eggs, charcoal, dinner meat, side or dessert (TBD), pumpkin, and our tired-ass selves. Is this week over yet??!

Fun times ya'll, even if the noobs didn't get the message on bringing rum. sigh.. Lots of new faces, and good seeing old friends. The food as always was fantastic and thanks to all the cooks and food prep folks. Already looking forward to the spring megadive.

Dennis (cardzard) and I want to thank everyone for another AWESOME event. SB members are always lots of fun when we gather. :clearmask::clearmask: :grouphug2::cheers::drunks:

We want to thank all who pitched in to make things easier on us, ie cooking & cleaning up. And thank you to all who brought food and necessities for the meals. :acclaim::acclaim:

We missed @scubafool due to family matters but Dennis stepped up and did his best to fill those big fool shoes as our mega omelet chef!

I want to extend special thanks to John and Ben who manned the grill with me, you 2 rock! :rocker::drummer:

The underwater pumpkin carving contest was off the hook this year. I hope someone gots some pics and will post them.

We would also like to thank Richard who brought us so many prizes and product samples from Reef Safe Sun for the carving contest and weekend. I also gave out some dive flag soaps from Regal Rabbit Soap Company and Scuba Soaps for prizes. I hope you got a chance to try them, if not I'll bring them next time. We also had a visit from owners of Lake City Dive Center who brought us 3 very generous gift bags to give out.

We also had the crew from Florida National High Adventure Sea Base, Boy Scouts of America join us for the weekend.
If you didn't get a chance to learn about all the employment and training opportunities for divers they had to offer, check out their website.

I'm working on the next megadive date for the Spring event and will post it once I get confirmation.

Until next time...
:gas::stirpot::grouphug2::cheers::gas::drunks::java::clearmask::clearmask::wookie::snowbear:rocker::cowboy::hellokitty::monkeybutt::dramaqueen::skull::clown::elvis::cheer::bellydance::drummer::pirate3::pirate4:troll:

Was a fun time. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers!

I made a short video from the snorkeling that Shawn and I did:

The video of my dives is still in editing. Will post that later. I tried to get footage of the galaxy dive but it didn't come out :-(

I would love to have been there, but just couldn't get the time to make it happen. Hopefully at another megadive event.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom