Which resort in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a nice stay at Club Ocellaris

...snip.... a resort in Anilao for the 2nd week El galleon being the first week. I was not happy with crystal blue a couple of yrs ago

Hi @ronski101,

I'm scheduled for a trip to Anilao next year, what was the issue(s) with Crystal Blue? If you would rather not disclose it here, please PM me. This will be my first trip to the Philippines.

TIA,

Couv

I stayed at Crystal Blue last year and won't choose it again either.

I am leaving for 10 days of diving at Bueco in a week, really was waffling between there and the Photo Academy based on all the reviews I had read. Chose Bueco though based on the more 'resort' type feel.

Aiyanar also looked nice... but prices were above my budget.

Aiyanar also looked nice... but prices were above my budget.

I've noticed that a few of the resorts around there tend to be maybe a little too proud (expensive), especially with so much competition. But I guess that's also what makes the area so great, something for everyone at whatever budget.

I just had a weekend at Casa Escondida and really enjoyed it. The property is quite nice, the rooms were very good. Food was excellent, primarily Filipino food (if that matters to anyone reading). Hospitality staff was awesome awesome (major points there). And the dive operation was great. Very well organized gear locker area, with good DMs. I met a few of their instructors and really jived with them.

As typical of the area, the overnight rates are per person, including meals. Boat dives and DM is additional, but quite reasonable. I felt they were competitively priced for the area, especially considering the newer property and excellent service.

I will definitely stay there again and would not hesitate to recommend.

I researched my March 2018 visit extensively and Buceo Anilao was highly recommended and I received excellent comms from them but they were a significantly higher price point than some others.I would consider them again next time.

In the end, we went to Aquaventure and had a great time. I took a group of 12 and sometimes a group that size can present difficulties but everything was well organized and service was exceptional and prices were among the lowest. The shore dive in front of the place sucks, though.

Crystal Blue is being pushed hard by some travel agencies. I wonder if it maybe has more to do with how well they work with agents than customers, though.

What is your budget? Please read my trip report on ASDC.. basic but good accomodation.. packages for 3-4 dives per day plus room and food.

Planet Dive is pretty affordable. Last time I went they have free shore dive (without guide of course) available.

Planet Dive is pretty affordable. Last time I went they have free shore dive (without guide of course) available.

Dive & Trek Anilao is the same way. They cater more to the locals crowd out here; the rooms are older but functional and affordable. 4 meals included plus snacks, coffee, water, juice. Their diver rate includes unlimited air fills for unguided shore dives. Boat dives with DM are extra.

I go there frequently with a group of divers and non-divers. The non-divers snorkel on their awesome house reef while we're diving and I'll often join them during my SI. Works well for us.

Casa Escondida or Bauan Divers Sanctuary are two of the best. Reasonably priced, good food by local standards. BDS can be a bit tricky to get to though.

Back
Top Bottom