58 years old, looking for fins to help with efficiency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, my mistake. Freediving fins are simply not the answer as the best fin for the majority of circumstances for most divers.

Try them. Then give me your opinion.

I remember being involved with discussions about fins with Dan Volker. As I recall, he was a strong advocate of free dive fins for scuba also.

Understatement of the past three decades. Dan is probably still challenging one and all to a SCUBA race...

I remember being involved with discussions about fins with Dan Volker. As I recall, he was a strong advocate of free dive fins for scuba also.
Yes, Force Fins too. Dan could dive with his buddies on DPVs using his free diving or Force Fins

Yes, Force Fins too. Dan could dive with his buddies on DPVs using his free diving or Force Fins

Having spent 90% of my water time the last 10 years free diving with longer fins (free dive is misused here:))) , when I switch to my old Avanti Quattros, I feel like I’m barefoot in the water.

Get a dictionary, dude.
Efficiency:
  • TECHNICAL
    the ratio of the useful work performed by a machine or in a process to the total energy expended or heat taken in.
Yes, I do not disagree. But it was only one of three criteria, and it is not clear if the OP wS using your definition.

Yes, I do not disagree. But it was only one of three criteria, and it is not clear if the OP wS using your definition.
It’s all good. Thanks.
He did mention light weight also. When I received my Moana’s at the post office here, I first thought they sent me an empty box. Super light weight.

Yes--I am sure that is what the OP had in mind.

This seems to be really, really important to you. Perhaps you might want to take a moment or two to reflect on why that might be.
Well....sniff sniff....if you must know.....when I was a kid and was bad...my dad used to beat me with his jet fins...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom