Riding a DSMB up from a deep wreck???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And this is why I stay out of the DIR forums...

Like I said before if balanced it'll work. If heavy like on some wrecks it won't. You can call it whatever goofy names you want. Not everyone subscribes to that religion. Truth is truth whether you like it or not. how many balanced rigs are on the Doria or other heavy wrecks? What about your tools? Are there special balanced rig DIR crowbars and hammers or are those not allowed either?

That is incorrect. It means deploying a lift bag to support an ascent line, not using a bag to make an ascent.

Last I checked, not a dual bladder wing nor a drysuit were required for the class, but some kind of redundant buoyancy is. The only other option is a bag. Are you saying you should just climb the line?

Last I checked, not a dual bladder wing nor a drysuit were required for the class, but some kind of redundant buoyancy is. The only other option is a bag. Are you saying you should just climb the line?

Not to argue because I agree some sort of redundant bouyancy is important, but per TDI it technically isn't required at all which I find kind of crazy...

And this is why I stay out of the DIR forums...

Like I said before if balanced it'll work. If heavy like on some wrecks it won't. You can call it whatever goofy names you want. Not everyone subscribes to that religion. Truth is truth whether you like it or not. how many balanced rigs are on the Doria or other heavy wrecks? What about your tools? Are there special balanced rig DIR crowbars and hammers or are those not allowed either?
Agai dude, you’re talking to people who actually do this stuff.

240’ screaming current, deco bottles doubles drysuit, even occasional tools. Somehow someway still balanced.

You can tuck your head in the sand and “stay out of the DIR forums” but you’re still obviously incorrect.

240’ screaming current, deco bottles doubles drysuit, even occasional tools. Somehow someway still balanced.

You can tuck your head in the sand and “stay out of the DIR forums” but you’re still obviously incorrect.

Given the gas we breath has weight, how to you compensate on the fly for the loss of negative buoyancy as you breath? At some point in anyone's dive, their rig is not going to be "balanced".

Ya alot of us non DIR folk do this stuff too and survive. Actually I would say the majority of divers doing this stuff are from other schools of thought. We're just not indoctrinated into a single biased school of thought. @PfcAJ when you say things that make sense then I agree with you as I have done in the past. In other threads I've learned things from your posts. That being said, To sit there and just down talk people who don't agree with your very narrow minded views on diving kinda hurts your credibility. I'm sure you're a very good and safe diver that does some pretty sick dives. That doesn't mean you know more than anyone else or your way is somehow better because you learned from a certain diving cult. You very obviously do not do deep wreck penetration and that's fine but don't down talk us for not agreeing with you when in my experience which is btw over 20 years most of which is in currents doubles and drysuits as you say, I've experienced something different from you while diving deep wrecks all over the world. We have 2 different schools of thought from two different areas of experience.

Given the gas we breath has weight, how to you compensate on the fly for the loss of negative buoyancy as you breath? At some point in anyone's dive, their rig is not going to be "balanced".
You dump gas out of your BC... that’s uhh... why it’s there.

Ya alot of us non DIR folk do this stuff too and survive. Actually I would say the majority of divers doing this stuff are from other schools of thought. We're just not indoctrinated into a single biased school of thought. @PfcAJ when you say things that make sense then I agree with you as I have done in the past. In other threads I've learned things from your posts. That being said, To sit there and just down talk people who don't agree with your very narrow minded views on diving kinda hurts your credibility. I'm sure you're a very good and safe diver that does some pretty sick dives. That doesn't mean you know more than anyone else or your way is somehow better because you learned from a certain diving cult. You very obviously do not do deep wreck penetration and that's fine but don't down talk us for not agreeing with you when in my experience which is btw over 20 years most of which is in currents doubles and drysuits as you say, I've experienced something different from you while diving deep wrecks all over the world. We have 2 different schools of thought from two different areas of experience.
You can have a different school of thought. That’s fine.

What’s not fine is saying things that are incorrect. Saying you can’t dive deep wrecks with a balanced rig is, simply, incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom