Trip review Aldora and Palmar Condominium October 29 - November 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does chingon mean?

(Mexico, colloquial) Someone who is very smart, intelligent and can do things quickly. (Mexico, colloquial, vulgar) Someone who likes to mess with people. (Mexico, colloquial) Someone or something that is cool, awesome and very good.

I hope Memo was referring to the first or last about me…but you never know?

I know Aldora has a stellar reputation as a dive op, along with a loyal clientele. I just find the 7-8 divers, coupled with a mandatory group ascent; while being a more pricey dive op compared to others on the island, a tough sell to those looking into a new dive op.

Just for the record, I don't recall us EVER putting 8 divers on our regular boats unless specifically requested to do so. 7 is an unusual situation in case you did not figure that out. The group staying together is, in my mind a safer way to do things—and if you are getting about 1.5 hours per tank what is the problem?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Is not safe rent lots of boat every day, we only have a couple of good safe boat that we know and trust the captains and owners. Not counting how hard is to FIND available boats.

I thought Aldora owned their own boats and employed their own captains?

Yes we do, indeed 8 of them. But there are busy times when a boat may breakdown and we have to rent a boat. We just don't trust most of the rust buckets with unreliable crews. Makes it hard to get the good ones.

Dave Dillehay

Yes we do, indeed 8 of them. But there are busy times when a boat may breakdown and we have to rent a boat. We just don't trust most of the rust buckets with unreliable crews. Makes it hard to get the good ones.

Dave Dillehay

Thanks for the clarification. Someone not familiar with your op might have interpreted Memo's statement as saying you don't own any boats or employ any captains but scramble every day to find enough for your customers.

It's good to see Memo scramble from time to time LOL!!! They do nothing but mean well for sure, as probably most dive ops.

Just for the record, I don't recall us EVER putting 8 divers on our regular boats unless specifically requested to do so. 7 is an unusual situation in case you did not figure that out. The group staying together is, in my mind a safer way to do things—and if you are getting about 1.5 hours per tank what is the problem?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Last week out of 6 days of diving I was on a rental boat one day. It was a very nice boat with a great captain. Out of over 70 2 tank trips in the last 3 years this was either the 2cnd or 3rd time in a rental.

People - Aldora is not the only dive op in Cozumel that relies on rental boats to supplement supply during high demand. This is the high season...LOTS of divers in Cozumel. Between demand and regular maintenance issues, this is normal and expected. The important thing is that your dive op of choice is taking care of your needs in a safe and efficient manner. Relax and enjoy the dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom