New dromedary bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BaitBucket

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone built a sidemount bladder using the new dromedary bladder? If you have what design did you use or how did you do it?

Has anyone built a sidemount bladder using the new dromedary bladder? If you have what design did you use or how did you do it?

This one?
msr-dromedary-4l.jpg

It's missing the upper and lower grommets I use as attachment points, bought old new stock to get the old version.

Cameron

@northernone yes, where are you saying you can get old ones, or did I just misunderstand you.

to each his own. I have never found the need for that level of precision in OC diving since you can control 4-8lbs of buoyancy with your lungs without thinking about it

I made this for work in the pool, with a single 7ltr steel, side mounted, see below:

WnYYEyo.jpg

I cut the hole for the OPV valve with a pair of scissors and the hole for the inflator hose with a Stanley knife. Parts were spares I had around, I think they are x-deep bits but that shouldn't matter. Bladder was £43 on ebay. In hindsight, the 6L version would have been fine for me.

I've yet to use it in open water as it needs to prove itself!

There is a video on Youtube of a guy making one with the old bladder version, very helpful, I think it was referenced on cavediver.net. The older version has central tie points, so you use one bungy, I have two bungies to stop it blowing out.

I would have liked to buy the deco one but shipping to UK was stupid money and this was more fun.

Folks...

One of the rebreather manufacturers has used Dromedary water bags for years for rebreather counter-lungs...I have never read anywhere where there has been a problem with these bags...used for this unintended purpose...

Having said that...there has been all kinds of problems identified using Cooper hoses for rebreather loop hoses...

A ''O'' pressure water bag designed to be used to hold drinking water for camping and hiking...and a hose manufactured for the purpose of transferring fluids...would not have undergone the same testing criteria as products intended to be used for Scuba diving...considering nothing else but all the pressures involved...

I have no information on any warnings that Dromedary water bag manufacturers place on their water bags regarding intended or unintended use...but I do know that Cooper strictly forbids the use of their fluid transfer hoses for under-water purposes...and this is clearly marked on the smooth rubber ends of each hose...

I'm all for sticking with products used for their intended purposes...what's your life worth...

''KNOWLEDGE GAINED THROUGH TRAINING AND PRACTICAL APPLICATION...MAKES YOU FAR LESS SUSCEPTIBLE TO BAD IDEAS''...

Always make sure your makeshift suggestions are defend-able...

Dive Safe...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom