DEMA2018 - New ISC CCR! The Tiburon. Announced new handset for Meg15 & Pathfinder.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also interested in the new O2 calibration kit shown on some pictures of the new head.. looks like it would fit the Meg15 too.

Folks...

History has proven to us time and time again that anything labeled ''NEW''...attached to the word...''REBREATHER''...is a WATCH...WAIT...and...SEE...and never a ''RUN RIGHT OUT AND BUY ONE...

Dive lockers are full of abandoned ''rebreather better ideas''...some of them so bad...that received so much bad press...there is no salvageable market for them...ultra expensive becomes completely worthless with the stroke of a pen...and not forgetting that the use of some of these so called ''better mouse-traps'' has had tragic consequences...

Advanced as some of us are...let us never forget that with very few exceptions...this is a recreational sport...leave test piloting to the experts...

Dive Safe...

Warren

Shearwater electronics are neither new or innovative. It's not like he's going out on the bleeding edge here.

Shearwater electronics are neither new or innovative. It's not like he's going out on the bleeding edge here.
More like responding to the market, people love the shearwater controllers and Leon has already offered the petrels in both analog and and canbus versions for years.

I think there is more going on here than placing Shearwater controllers on existing heads...

Sounds to me like the head assembly is completely brand new...and intended to retro-fit/upgrade existing and legacy units...

Time will tell...

Dive Safe...

Warren

From the looks, the only "new" aspects appear to be around the Shearwater electronics. A few limited physical changes consistent with this (HUD battery, different connectors for handset/HUD, and there are just two connections for handset and HUD rather than 4). But, nothing else looks different - gas connection, flow, solenoid, O2 sensor carriage, etc, etc. all look the same to me.

how many ppO2 monitors do you need?

Hi tbone.

I need a pair of monitors, but prefer a trio with my current configuration and do not wish to use a NERD.

I have tailored my ISC CCR to suit my individual preferences, and while I think that the NERD is an elegant system, it interferes with my access to the camera viewfinders that I use, and UW imaging is my raison d’etre. I still use the original monochrome controller and single LED HUD that were supplied with my unit, (the controller does not track deco and O2 status), so have relied on an ISC-specific Predator as a tertiary monitor and primary computer.

Leon's not on the bleeding edge, he's finally catching up to the rest of the market.

The original Meg was fantastic, the Meg15 is meh. The Tiburon is what the Meg15 should have been.

The excuse is funny. "The Meg and Pathfinder electronics aren't being made any more, so we made this while we buy up all the parts from China." Right....

Hi tbone.

I need a pair of monitors, but prefer a trio with my current configuration and do not wish to use a NERD.

I have tailored my ISC CCR to suit my individual preferences, and while I think that the NERD is an elegant system, it interferes with my access to the camera viewfinders that I use, and UW imaging is my raison d’etre. I still use the original monochrome controller and single LED HUD that were supplied with my unit, (the controller does not track deco and O2 status), so have relied on an ISC-specific Predator as a tertiary monitor and primary computer.

You might have 3 displays but you really only have 2 monitors. Your ISC monochrome display and HUD are both driven off the primary side (same battery, same side of the isolation board, same calibration). Your predator is off the secondary side.
I have the same thing, just via a fischer cable on the secondary side.

Back
Top Bottom