PSD impersonator arrested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He actually never stopped. He's Tom Hanna on Google+ and several other sites. He's using the name David Giroux on Facebook and even runs a psd group there. He's been reported many times but the social media sites don't care about someone impersonating an officer.

Isnt this the same guy that has plagerized numerous scuba articles...word for word...and just put his name on them. Usually PSD related. When called on it, the articles just disappear. I wonder if the guy was carrying a firearm when he claimed to be a commander. Sounds like the locals finally just got tired of his crap. I wonder if he was carrying a side arm when he claimed to be RCMP?

Jay

Jackass yes - but also looking at his history a person with serious mental health issues. He has had probation, jail and a ban on using internet and social media, and yet still persists in doing so and repeating his crime.

I'd be really interested in knowing what he did when he turned up at crime scenes dressed as an RCMP officer (according to the news article linked above). I'd also like to know how he found out about them. In the UK usage a scanner to listen in to police channels is also a crime, though now largely un-necessary because the modern Tetra system in use is digitally encoded and is not vulnerable to scanning.

Lets hope someone gets him some help, because it is a short step from lurking, pretending and dressing up, to interfering and causing real harm, either to investigations or victims.

Lets see what they do this time - Phil.

Tom Hanna added me on Facebook yesterday. Sent me some articles. His Facebook is deleted now, was under the name of Tom ERDIdiver.

20181114_202140.jpg

Still at it?
Cameron

Wow this guy is still around. He sent me a friend request the other day (account is gone now like you said) and I immediately remembered who he was. Every other year he seems to pop back up.

Back..https://www.facebook.com/DIVINGCOP2

A real life Walter Mitty....sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom