DEMA next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pics! We want pics! This is the first DEMA I've missed since 2002. Well, I'm not really "missing" it. Tell us how it's working out, but please post pics.

Saw the new Scubapro Galileo HUD computer. Mounts to a mask. Not any mask - must have a rigid mounting area above nasal bridge. G2 internals with GPS. Nice implementation - very easy to see but quite steep at about $1600. Saw no reason to give up my Teric or Perdix.

Trimix support?

Buhlmann with GF?

I am not a tech convert, so my focus is on more mundane stuff, and specific vendors and conversations.

But here are a few:
  • Apeks XL4+ is new, adds a second hp port, and is all white. Looks pretty sharp.
  • New 6cf version of Spare Air may suit some folk for whom the 3cf is just too small.
  • I can't figure out why Cressi has introduced a digital console. But I expect to see an AI computer on that platform next year.
  • Sounds like Dominica is open for business again, hoping to plan a 2019 trip.
  • Henderson Aqualock relaunch loses the zippered cuffs, and adds a hydrophobic lining that dries in 15 minutes.
  • Is color back? I noticed new Henderson Hotskins, Aqualung i200 wrist computers, and "wraps" for the Aqualung Rogue.
  • Rogue adds a waist version with traditional placement of Surelock II weight system.

What else all you attendees?

@tridacna , did you learn anything from Scubapro about the Hydros Pro fix?

I did indeed. Problem was acknowledged and a fix applied but only to net new production. Old stock is not being repaired. If you get one with an Air2, it will most likely have the fix, or...yell at your LDS and insist on a new one.

I am not a tech convert, so my focus is on more mundane stuff, and specific vendors and conversations.

But here are a few:
  • Apeks XL4+ is new, adds a second hp port, and is all white. Looks pretty sharp.
  • New 6cf version of Spare Air may suit some folk for whom the 3cf is just too small.
  • I can't figure out why Cressi has introduced a digital console. But I expect to see an AI computer on that platform next year.
  • Sounds like Dominica is open for business again, hoping to plan a 2019 trip.
  • Henderson Aqualock relaunch loses the zippered cuffs, and adds a hydrophobic lining that dries in 15 minutes.
  • Is color back? I noticed new Henderson Hotskins, Aqualung i200 wrist computers, and "wraps" for the Aqualung Rogue.
  • Rogue adds a waist version with traditional placement of Surelock II weight system.

Colour is for the Asian market. They like matching their gear, like fins matching bcd, mask, etc. Maybe the West will adopt it too.

DUI has a new version of the weight harness that does away with the ripcord and replaces it with a solid plastic bar. Eliminates the cord getting crimped. The weight pouches can also be put on any 2” web.

SDI rolled out a new first aid program.

DAN has a new program to help dive operations and professionals evaluate their programs safety.

Colour is for the Asian market. They like matching their gear, like fins matching bcd, mask, etc. Maybe the West will adopt it too.

Popularity comes and goes. Part of the dive industry behaves like and overlaps the fashion industry.

I've seen some pretty outrageously equipment matched divers in Florida lately with Scubapro Hydros Pro weight pockets, fins, mask, regulator cover, hose protectors, and mouthpiece :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom