quick release buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

АлександрД

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I`m never saw such buckle design in other countries, only in Russia/USSR.
I had try to find it in google, and fail.
Ours first commercially manufactured SCUBA, that was released in 1957`s, even use it :)
АВМ-1_1.jpg

It is most reliable and robust design. Just two metal plates (one is flat, one bent a little)
tk32_08022016.jpg

selfmade:
orig.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=50000&d=1313081881.jpg

Like it? :)

If yes - here is some
tgm_glava5_14.jpg

17.jpg

0_62e66_ad5db95_L.jpg

That is (was?) a fairly common buckle used in the US militaries. They are hard to find in stainless though. I found some in France several years ago. They were sold by US Divers in the 1960s for weight belts but have not seen them in a dive gear catalog since.
what is the official name of it in english?

Does anyone know where I can buy stainless steel quick release buckles like this in the US?

- good movie - how it works

but here this buckle is upside down :)
cut-out should be in bottom side - it is used for crotch strap.
very nice idea - in this way crotch strap will be released together with buckle release.

yes SUMP UK
but not so safe design, as I offered above

They use both flat parts of buckle. It is not safe, because it is possible situation, when you opening it fast, and small part of the buckle will not pass in to cutouts in big part of buckle, and you can loose time when opening it.

I don't see Andrew's design as being unsafe. His looks smaller than yours and he has plenty of other cool stuff to order so you can maximize shipping costs. There are always advantages and disadvantages to everything and the size of the buckle you are posting is a disadvantage to me. I really don't think there is a huge market for these.

Hi
Yes, this buckle is still available in Europe in Spearfishing shops.
You can get online at Imersion shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom