Scubapro heart rate monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for responding @Hatul. I know you are an active contributor to the forum and dive with the Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor. Hopefully someone knows the answer.

Yesterday I was able to borrow a G2 from a member of my dive club and took it for a test dive. I tried pairing it with a polar T31 but it didn't work so I believe @giannis k . is correct. Maybe @beaverdivers confused the new heart rate monitor with the old one. Can anyone confirm if the new HRM is backward compatible with the Galileo Sol/Luna? @Hatul?
The new HRM is compatible with the Galileo Luna ( it also shows skin temperature ) , but the old polar t31 won't pair with G2

I own two Galileo lunas and with the new HRM strap the one has heartrate and skin temperature indication while on the other there is only the heartrate indication. Strange thing ! The only difference is that the first one has 1.4 HW while the other has 1.1. Does that solve the mystery ?

I think the the Galileo and Luna have been made obsolete by SP. CMIIW. Also, G2 is selling at a steep discount. Something new coming soon? Wonder if it will support the useless HRM again?

I own two Galileo lunas and with the new HRM strap the one has heartrate and skin temperature indication while on the other there is only the heartrate indication. Strange thing ! The only difference is that the first one has 1.4 HW while the other has 1.1. Does that solve the mystery ?
I assume the older Luna has the sealed HRM strap and the newer one has the one with the changeable battery.
The older one is known to be reliable as far as the HRM is concerned. The question is is the new one equally reliable or does it cut out during dives?

I think the the Galileo and Luna have been made obsolete by SP. CMIIW. Also, G2 is selling at a steep discount. Something new coming soon? Wonder if it will support the useless HRM again?
That may be premature as the Luna is still being shown on the Scubapro website and they updated the firmware to use the new HRM with the skin temp. I also did notice the discounts on the G2 offering free transmitter, but this may be to compete with the competition.

Back
Top Bottom