Black Friday Gear Package Specials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be sure your regulator choice is one a local dive shop is willing to do routine servicing on. It may be worth the good will to see what kind of package deal a LDS can come up with, once you know what you want.

Richard.

According to the HOG manual, they are compatible up to 40% nitrox.
Yep, I got some bad information. LOL... gotta be careful what people say these days. Always better to do my own research. haha!

Be sure your regulator choice is one a local dive shop is willing to do routine servicing on. It may be worth the good will to see what kind of package deal a LDS can come up with, once you know what you want.

Richard.
That is my preference. I want to get everything from the place I have been working with lately. But after looking at the packages that are available out there, I'm not sure my LDS is going to be able to match with what he has in his shop. There is a mares package out there and an aqualung package out there with everything I'm looking for... WI BCD, S1 and 2 plus octo, spg AND and computer, 899 and 939 (and thats before any kind of sale). All of the equipment in my LDS is Zeagle/suunto. Seems like a lot of Zeagle prices are pretty steep. Time will tell.

For a BCD, reg. & octo., and a dive computer, under a grand may be a pretty good deal with brand name gear; so much so that I'd think the computer may not have the capability to download dives to your desktop computer, a function I'm very fond of to aid dive logging, simply because I'd think a computer upscale enough to do that would drive the price up. But check to be sure.

Be mindful whether the gear comes from an authorized dealer and thus as intact warranty; might matter to some people.

Also, recognize the value a LDS brings to some purchases. I got home this evening from a trip to Clarksville, TN, where I bought a new BP/W setup. Not only did Waterdogs Scuba & Safety LLC of Clarksville offer me a steep package discount and nice overall price (despite Clarksville's 9% sales tax!), but at no added charge one their people spent a lot time weaving the harness through the backplate, putting it on me, adjusting this & that, etc... While I was there I opted to buy an octo. hose to use with a 2nd stage regulator I wasn't using, to 'make' a new octo. - the owner switched my 2nd stage from my hose to the new octo. hose & set it up on my regulator 1st stage. He also gave me a tip on hose placement that'll hopefully give my primary a couple inches effective length, which I've been wanting.

My point is, I got a lot more from Waterdogs Scuba than just a shipping box with some stuff in it. I've bought a lot of gear online, and when there's no added value proposition and it's cheap and convenient, likely will again. But there's something to be said for examining things in the store, talking with staff, etc...

One reputable online vendor that offers packages is ScubaToys; when I dealt with them years ago (good experience, by the way, & I bought a package for a relative) then had a discount for ScubaBoard members, so mention that if you deal with them.

Some of these package dealers will happy let you substitute items in their package; when I bought from ScubaToys, I didn't want the Zeagle BCD because I didn't want the ripcord style integrated weight release pockets; no problem! If you want an air-integrated dive computer that logs dives and downloads to your home computer, tell them! Same with your local dive shop.

Richard.

Most of the big mainline companies have Minimum Advertised Pricing policies that retail shops need to follow. For those brands, advertised Black Friday offers are dependent on retailer participation in a manufacturer promotion, if/when one exists. When they do, there is a tendency to inform stores at the last minute, so communication to the customer is spotty. From what I have seen, a month long end of year promotion is more common than a 1-4 day Black Friday promotion. Rarely are they full package promotions, but if there is a sweet deal on a computer in December, see what kind of package you and your LDS can build around it.

Leisure Pro will have smokin deals.

2nding Leisure Pro black friday sales - they usually have a "deal of the day" every day between thanksgiving and christmas as well.

Also worth noting though that they give pretty good deals (I mean like really good) any time of year if you call them so they can work around MAP pricing

And with any source, MAP is minimum ADVERTISED price, usually they are free to wheel and deal once face to face. I only have one brand that also sets MRP, Minimum Retail Price, on most items. Usually “call for price” included in the ad text is also a MAP violation, but that doesn’t mean they won’t take your call.
I also know of 4 different companies with “brick and mortar” only items to a greater or lesser extent, so there are just a few items out there you won’t find offered online.

So, I finally got a package, I think I did pretty good on it. I got an AquaLung Pro HD BC, i300C computer and SPG in a 3 guage console that has a slate in the 3rd opening for now, Titan reg set, ABS octo, all fully assembled. I also got a 2nd package for my wife, the only difference is the BC is a pearl. Both the BC's have additional trim pockets on the tank strap which I wasnt sure if they come with them or not. They threw in a bunch of little stuff, octo holder clips, some reef friendly sunblock, spit, salt water hair conditioner crap for my wife, went over all the equipment and we tested everything on site, showed us the ins and outs of the computer, paired it up with bluetooth and cell phones. 925.00 per package. Yay, finally got some stuff. Next quest, lead and cylinders... after the holidays LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom