A fish from Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

designbysue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Two more IDs I forget to request in my previous posts

#1 I am sure this will be an easy one for someone. This was a large fish, probably 20 -24 inches - looking for ID of larger fish, not the remora.

20181111180700-41f653a8-me.jpg

20181111180706-f10fba49-me.jpg

#2 What kind of anemone? Thought possibly branched but not quite right for that and looks like hidden but is huge compared to the hiddens I have seen or find online.

20181111181429-240ae998-me.jpg

Yellow Jack.
Looks like a run-of-the-mill Giant Anemone, but without a size reference it is a guess.

No this is much smaller. The tops of these (the white button part) is less that 1/4 in diameter and the stalks are probably about 1". As stated I thought maybe branched but it did not have the same "branches" around the outside. Thanks though

Hmmm , have always thought this anemone was part of the Branching Anemone / Lebrunia danae family.

Hmmm , have always thought this anemone was part of the Branching Anemone / Lebrunia danae family.
Maybe. Seems too big and too light-colored.

The first photo looks like a yellow jack to me. They are 1 to 2' in length. The second photo looks like a branching anemone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom