Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Deluxe

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All. So I did my 1st couple of dives this weekend with the Ghost. No regrets.
The suggestions above regarding the crotch strap(s) were on point. I think I have it just snug enough that I don't notice it while under, but it does play a factor when on the surface in my case....

Looks super comfy.

Before you picked up the ghost, did you look at their other models. I've been looking at their site and am trying to understand practically what the difference is between the Ghost, Zen and Zeos.

Yes, the plates are shaped differently and the wings slightly different...but apart from that- whats the advantage or disadvantage of one over the other?

thanks

By the way, just because this guy has a particular brand of bpw doesn’t mean that’s why his trim is good. So if you want to buy one thinking that you’ll automatically have good trim, think again. It’s the training that counts :wink:

Looks super comfy.

Before you picked up the ghost, did you look at their other models. I've been looking at their site and am trying to understand practically what the difference is between the Ghost, Zen and Zeos.

Yes, the plates are shaped differently and the wings slightly different...but apart from that- whats the advantage or disadvantage of one over the other?

thanks
Ghost is the lightest and smaller profile backplate and the overall lightest. Wing lift is 37lbs and total weight for deluxe version is 2.4 kilos.

Zen is identical, but backplate is a bit bigger and wing also- wing lift is 42 lbs. and total weight is 3.2 kilos.

Zeos is quite different from the others in various ways. Inflator hose is not mounted in the middle but on the left shoulder. Butt dump valve is mounted at the very bottom left of the wing- Ghost and Zen are further up the wing. Zeos has a more classic single crotch strap going right up the butt crack vs the V Shaped crotch strap that goes up both butt cheeks on the ghost and Zen. Zeos comes with optional wing sizes 28lb lift and 38lb lift and comes with optional aluminum or steel backplates. The backplate is not the aircraft grade aluminum/magnesium found on the Ghost or Zeos.

Looks super comfy.

thanks

I looked at other brand, but this one became my focus after coming across a review from @Trailboss123.
He's covered the differences quite nicely above.

Ghost is the lightest and smaller profile backplate and the overall lightest. Wing lift is 37lbs and total weight for deluxe version is 2.4 kilos.

Zen is identical, but backplate is a bit bigger and wing also- wing lift is 42 lbs. and total weight is 3.2 kilos.

Zeos is quite different from the others in various ways. Inflator hose is not mounted in the middle but on the left shoulder. Butt dump valve is mounted at the very bottom left of the wing- Ghost and Zen are further up the wing. Zeos has a more classic single crotch strap going right up the butt crack vs the V Shaped crotch strap that goes up both butt cheeks on the ghost and Zen. Zeos comes with optional wing sizes 28lb lift and 38lb lift and comes with optional aluminum or steel backplates. The backplate is not the aircraft grade aluminum/magnesium found on the Ghost or Zeos.

Much appreciate the condensed summary. Very helpful.

Do you find the v crotch any more, or less, comfortable than the traditional? I use a halcyon setup with the traditional crotch and dont find it terribly uncomfortable once I got the adjustment and length correct over time.

With the dump valve being higher up on the ghost and zen does that give you any trouble? Seems like it'll need some wiggling and fiddling between the dump and the inflator if there is air trapped below the dump level when horizontal.

Or is it possible to pair the zen backplate with the zeos wing or a wing from another manufacturer- does it have all the standard slots?

thanks again.

Much appreciate the condensed summary. Very helpful.

Do you find the v crotch any more, or less, comfortable than the traditional? I use a halcyon setup with the traditional crotch and dont find it terribly uncomfortable once I got the adjustment and length correct over time.

With the dump valve being higher up on the ghost and zen does that give you any trouble? Seems like it'll need some wiggling and fiddling between the dump and the inflator if there is air trapped below the dump level when horizontal.

Or is it possible to pair the zen backplate with the zeos wing or a wing from another manufacturer- does it have all the standard slots?

thanks again.
I love the V-Crotch strap and find it super comfortable. It is the only type of strap I have dived, so can't make a comparison. The dump valve location took a little time to adjust to- mostly because I was coming from a jacket style BC and my butt dump was on the right side and lower. After a few dives, it is a non-issue and your hand will readily go right to it- muscle memory. Not sure about swapping out wings- You might want to check with them, as the backplates on the Zen are different and mounting locations might be different-- but maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom