Sdm 2.0.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LazyKevin:
It transfered my gear bag, but not which gear went on which dive.
My gear names were truncated and there are only 3 custom fields.
The SAC rates are acting funny too.

It transferred my gear kits, but not the actual gear that I had (reg, dry suit, ect) in the kit.

The SAC rate on the air consumption tab is rounded to the nearest on tenth of a point, whereas the SAC rate on the graph is accurate (shoud be).

One thing I liked about version 1.6 is that on the graph, I could use the arrow buttons to move through the intervals. I can't on this version. I do think that the new version does make it easier to organize the dives and now provides the reporting of gas switches. I would also like to see more Nitrox information. Like EAD, etc.

I'm still undecided if I like the downloading interface yet. I guess I'll have to play with it some more to get used to it.

Duane

Before I waste my time, is this version really as bad as it seems by the above reviews? Is it any prettier? Can I store photos, etc.?

Somebody has managed to download dives from a mosquito? sdm1.6 connects ok but this version seems unfinished!

It runs fine on my home PC (at 2.0 GHz).

One thing I don't like about the changes is that they moved to using a Microsoft Access database with no security. I can open it up and play with the raw data. A lot of data could have been stored in the database to speed up the application. Like the SAC rate. The program calculates this at run time versus calculating it once and storing it off.

For those of you in the IT world, they didn't organize the database very well either.

I tried installing 2.0.1 on my laptop, and it didn't work at all. It seemed like a normal install, but I would get an error msg each time I tried to run it. I never had this problem with any of the earlier versions.

So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled 1.6. I don't think I'll even try it on my desktop at all. I'll wait for the next version.

Turtle Diver:
I tried installing 2.0.1 on my laptop, and it didn't work at all. It seemed like a normal install, but I would get an error msg each time I tried to run it. I never had this problem with any of the earlier versions.

So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled 1.6. I don't think I'll even try it on my desktop at all. I'll wait for the next version.

Same here so I pulled out a blank hard drive and loaded W2K to see if it was hardware or software and it ran ok. There are A LOT of bugs in the app though. I think it was a bit premature but I'm sure the marketing dept rushed it through since the D9 was ready and they needed s/w to go with it.

Hello!

I also tried the new SDM 2.0.1. I imported my aata from 1.6, seems to work so far. But when I want to look at the dive graphs, I got many SQL errors, altough it then seemed to work. But I instantly uninstalled it. I wait for at least two versions to come until I try again.

Greetings
Karl-Heinz

P.S.: Leaving today for 9 days to the Red Sea. :D

I have little problem. The new ver 2.0.1 don't working with my non suunto interface. Have you got somebody same problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom