Perdix question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost Diver #

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi perdix users,
Is there a way to set it up so it asks me to do at least a 3 min safety stop while in OC tec mode? I did a dive today in that setting and didn’t go into deco and noticed it never asked. Doesn’t really matter as I’ll do one anyway but was just wondering.

For reference I went to 80 feet for 10 mins then 50 feet for 30 mins. It was a dive to get back in drysuit diving with thick thermals before doing some more tec dives this weekend.

Thanks

No, no automatic safety stop in Tec mode. You can start a timer, if you want, when and at whatever depth you want.

nope (on the models I have: Petrel1 & Pedrix AI), just in Rec mode......

Teric has this feature, it really should be available on Perdix etc. Maybe it will come in a firmware upgrade.

A safety stop is an extra measure of caution at the end of a recreational dive. There is nothing magical about 3 minutes. It's not like you will get bent if you ascend after only 2:55. On a typical recreational dive, I am rarely alone. When I get to safety stop depth, I glance at the computer to see what the dive time is and than watch the others stare at their computers waiting for the exact second that they hit 3 minutes and can safely go to the surface. When everyone else is ready to ascend, I go up with them. If I am for some reason far out of synch with their ascents, I glance at the dive time again and ascend when I see a number there that satisfies me. It will usually be more than 3 minutes, but the exact time is not important to me.

If you need "hand holding", put it in "hand holding" mode...

Dive it on rec mode for rec diving and tech mode for tech diving?

I don’t need hand holding, and the reason it’s in tec mode is I’m preparing for a weekend of tec diving and I’m training like I intend to dive. I do not need the computer to tell me to do a safety stop and don’t think it’s needed in tec mode. I can handle that with my computer between my ears...it was simply a question out of curiosity.

Thanks for the advice! Happy diving

I use the1 minute rule at 15-12-9-6-3-2-1 metres. There's no computer that does that. If my buddy requires a safety stop, I wil stop with him. No problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom