BP/W users, how do you prevent bellows pocket from falling off?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I have a piece of bungy under the threaded under the tri glide on the left hip d-ring that attaches to my knife sheath to stop it moving around and falling off. You could do that.

I have also used cave line to tie weight pockets to the backplate to stop them sliding forward on the waist belt. You could do that.

I tried using a tri glide in front of things as suggested and my knife slide over it and so did a pocket. Better to tie it off.

I've long used a pocket on my waist strap whatever the BC, and I also tie it to something with a piece of bungie. The bit of give allowed by bungie is sometimes helpful.

As in the title, how do you prevent the pocket from sliding off the strap when you pull it?

When I dive we have to take our kit off in the water and have it lifted into the boat. On my 1st dive immediately after I pulled the waist strap and took off the BP I thought, oh shoot... the pocket. Looked down in the water and there it was slowly on its way to 90ft. Luckily someone was beside me and I asked him to dip down and grab it. On the next dive I remembered, removed it and toss it into the boat.
Going forward it has a couple of little D rings on it, so I think I will carry a extra double ender and hook it to my right D ring as soon as I pull the waist strap.

Any other options?

THIS is why I will NEVER backplate and wing. Ive got a scubadubapro Hydros Pro with neg boyancy, instantly dry the second you walk out of the water, and James Bondian looking as a mofo. If you use the secondary straps that come with it instead of the weight pouches its basically a back plate and wing but much more flexible. use it as a travel bcd or as a cold water bcd. Either way it excels better than a donut wing.

Well if your hydros happens to go missing before they let you out
I've come up with another option for you whilst waiting and hoping

Whipped up a couple of sausage sacks with velcroed holes in the bottom
and line and clips so I don't lose stuff when I pull it all out, cable tied to
plate holes, for a dsmb or mask or epirb or

full.jpg

and then if I want to carry a heap more stuff (there's an optional sideways
thigh pocket with the straps hacked off, hooked to the bottom of the plate)
including the kitchen sink, which I do actually use every day

and there are also a couple of weights bolted to the side at the top

Well if your hydros happens to go missing before they let you out
I've come up with another option for you whilst waiting and hoping

Whipped up a couple of sausage sacks with velcroed holes in the bottom
and line and clips so I don't lose stuff when I pull it all out, cable tied to
plate holes, for a dsmb or mask or epirb or

View attachment 491475

and then if I want to carry a heap more stuff (there's an optional sideways
thigh pocket with the straps hacked off, hooked to the bottom of the plate)
including the kitchen sink, which I do actually use every day

and there are also a couple of weights bolted to the side at the top
holy cheese dip!!!! that will NOT cut it on the fashion runway!!! noooo!!!!!

Hi all. Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I see some comments thinking this is a weight pocket. For clarity though, this pocket is NOT for weight. It's a single pocket used to carry stuff (Jon line, foldable snorkel, etc.).

I do have one extra 45 deg D ring that I could use as a retainer, but my preference would be to remove this pocket after the dive to facilitate easier rinsing of it and its contents. The D ring wouldn't make that possible. Those weight belt holding clips look workable though. I'll look up on Amazon and see if its there.

THIS is why I will NEVER backplate and wing. Ive got a scubadubapro Hydros Pro with neg boyancy, instantly dry the second you walk out of the water, and James Bondian looking as a mofo. If you use the secondary straps that come with it instead of the weight pouches its basically a back plate and wing but much more flexible. use it as a travel bcd or as a cold water bcd. Either way it excels better than a donut wing.

You misunderstand. It's not for weights.

I do have one extra 45 deg D ring that I could use as a retainer, but my preference would be to remove this pocket after the dive to facilitate easier rinsing of it and its contents. The D ring wouldn't make that possible. Those weight belt holding clips look workable though. I'll look up on Amazon and see if its there.

A piece of paracord and a boltsnap, attach the cord to the pocket and the boltsnap your plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom