• 2 AI computers, SPG

Votes: 19 3.3%
  • Other, describe below

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • AI computer, SPG

Votes: 66 11.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive 2 AI computers and an analog watch.

AI Luna and a hose integrated computer. (Picked up the hose computer for same price as an analog SPG/Depth console.)

Diving in the Philippines, I often join groups from different backgrounds, so the ability to change between Bar and PSI is nice. I know it's not required, but allows me to adjust to whichever unit the group is using. I work just fine in either unit.

71 more responses over the last month, results have not changed significantly (see How do you dive?). Half of divers responding, dive an AI computer. Nearly 40% dive a redundant computer, a third dive a gas backup, nearly a quarter dive both computer and gas backup.

upload_2018-12-3_10-8-14.png

2 non ai computers for all technical dives. I cut tables for all deep diving and use the tables as primary while monitoring my computers for comparison, I don’t want to piss them off but I haven’t.

After years and years and years and years and years and after not having done it due
to geography for about fifteen, I think I am coming to realise that pulling and gliding
in the temperate zone of Southern Australia with my spg as computer, using as much
gas as possible, for what seems an unlimited time, is what I really really love doing

this interspersed with some springs and ponds is where a solitudinal heaven exists

Thanks for reminding me Pullnglide

2 computers, one on each side. 2 cylinders, one on each side. Each has an SPG.

2 AI computers, linked to one backgas transmitter. Second transmitter in save a dive kit.
AI #1: shearwater Perdix
AI #2: Aeris ac300
Sidemounted pony/bailout with button spg.

I've been diving for about 35 years, Got my first computer about 20 years ago and dived with it, a single AI wrist computer until a few years ago with no issues. Then on a dive vacation out of the country we ran into a slew of problems between mine and my girlfriends computer- one computer malfunctioned, another flooded after a battery change and on a different dive trip the battery failed and the extra batteries I had in my save a dive kit turned out to be no good even though they were within expiration dates- we ended up finally finding a shop in the town of that 3rd party country that had a smaller 3V lithium battery- used a foreign coin to fill the gap and it worked. Found the coin recently when changing the battery and sort of chuckled to myself about it.

Anyway after those trips I said to myself this is not going to happen again so I tripled down- on my rig, my girlfriend, and her son's rigs all of which I set up originally, and maintain and service we now all have primary AI wrist computer, backup identical AI wrist computer on a retractor in a BCD pocket AND a mini spg on a thin hose tucked out of the way on the left side of the BCD.

The two AI computers are synced to the tank transmitter, and I also carry a spare transmitter and another AI computer in my save a dive kit plus plenty of batteries and O rings.
this is my goal. I have an A.I. computer and non a.i. compuer. Im going to add a mini spg and have it hook up top left by the inflator and replace non ai computer with another A.I.

as they say at mcdonalds

Lovin It

I dive 2 AI computers and an analog watch.

AI Luna and a hose integrated computer. (Picked up the hose computer for same price as an analog SPG/Depth console.)

Diving in the Philippines, I often join groups from different backgrounds, so the ability to change between Bar and PSI is nice. I know it's not required, but allows me to adjust to whichever unit the group is using. I work just fine in either unit.

Not an attack... why do you use a watch? I have a diving watch i only use when snorkeling which is all the time when not diving.

2 AI computers, linked to one backgas transmitter. Second transmitter in save a dive kit.
AI #1: shearwater Perdix
AI #2: Aeris ac300
Sidemounted pony/bailout with button spg.
nice. Im gonna be you by next year. got the perdix ai need another cheap ai and then a pony for travel

Back
Top Bottom