What are your 3 favorite pieces of SCUBA Gear???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my fins, I simply loop the end of the bungee through the metal loop and use a zip tie to hold it there. I've never had one come loose.
_dsc1236-jpg.467795.jpg

1) Sherwood VIDA Mask (also the Allure - which seems to be the same mask with higher end glass). The only mask I have found that does not leak - that in and of itself made a world of difference in my diving pleasure.
2) Vintage Double Hose 35lb wing. It can be tough to get air our of (due to elastic band), but I can take it on vacation and not feel like I have too much wing flopping about. Also very well built.
3) My bright Yellow DUI H2Operations dry suit. At least a dozen tourists have asked me to have photos taken with me when wearing it. As a relatively shy person, this has helped me come out of my shell a bit. The suit is nice to dive in, and I love the zip gloves, but the attention it garners is priceless.

Othree port10 drysuit
Mares IconHD dive computer (when it charges)
Mares Prestige airtrim BCD

Custom cut Santi E.Lite
Light Monkey 32W VF LED w/ 15 ah battery
Shearwater Perdix

Hoping to add an XK to the lineup this year. That would go to the top pretty quickly.

1sf. My dive buddy, With her i feel safe. 2nd tg4 dive camera. 3rd dive buddy ...will not dive with out her. Been diving with her for 30 plus years and she keeps getting better.

The ones that keep me alive and breathing. 1st stage, 2nd stage and tank. Those are my favorites. :D

I like the quick clips and round steel rings that I put on my shoulder D rings to extend the reach, so I can easily clip and unclip my GoPro and lights and tray to my chest (using snap clips mounted near the top of each camera arm using zipties) in such a way that I don't even have to think about it even when climbing up the ladder.

1. Atomic Z2 regulator. Very high quality and much better price than some of the regs out there. I was going to get an "entry level" or "rental" style reg to save money, but I'm glad I spent the extra $150 for the higher quality piece of equipment.
2. My 7mm Aqualung Aquaflex wetsuit is amazing. I'm 6'5" and 205 pounds. The LT fits me absolutely perfectly and keeps me warm in 50 degree water. I only tried on the Large and special ordered the LT assuming it would fit perfectly. It did and I couldn't be happier. This was coming from baggy, tattered rental wetsuit so imagine the joy I felt using my own that fits perfectly.
3. Mares Puck Pro dive computer. I paid like $150 for it and my fiancé bought some air integrated Bluetooth computer for $800. They're pretty much the exact same computer but mine doesn't tell me my air pressure. The thing works great and is so cheap!

I really don't care about a bunch of bells and whistles with my equipment (scuba, cars, boat, etc). I just like stuff that works well and is a good value. Except for my snowboard equipment. I buy the highest quality top of the line gear but use it until it falls apart. But my dive gear is just stuff that is historically reliable but not super expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom