Dry suit knee sqeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you need a drysuit in Eilat anyway? (Putting on flameproof suit now).
I thought it was a water scuba diving board not a firefighter one :/

There are people here diving Dry Suits in the peak of summer... im sweating just watching them dress up in 30C.

Why? no body knows. i asked and was given many different answers, some sort of legit (need to practice it) and some are just absurd (i paid for it so ill use it, not going to let it sit in the closet untill winter...)

I met a guy who was diving in the middle of summer in Malta in a drysuit. He said that it was the only suit he had and he had no wetsuit, and didn’t have the money to buy one at the moment as he was saving for a wing.

Eizeh metumtamim. (Amir excepted bevadai).

לכל אחד יש את שלו, אפילו המשוגעים

-Z

For me, the pressure behind the knees was not squeeze, but rather a result of my undergarment being too long. As I kicked the material would bunchu p at the knees - very noticeable in that I would loose a lot of flexibility and get pressure marks / bruising behind my knees. Getting shorter pants worked wonders in this respect. It was all very weird as at 6'2" I generally consider myself on the tall side, but 4th element Arctic pants seem to be made for basketball players. The year after I bought them, they came out in short sizes.

GPJ3

hello, I got a new Otter Britannic mk2 telescopic, made to my sizes, one month ago.
When I’m frog kicking I’m getting an uncomfortable squeeze in the back of my knee, and when I’m adding air to the suit it doesn’t help that much.
I’ve changed the undergarment to something more tight and it helps a bit.
Does Anyone experienced this?
Any help will be appreciated

Amir 930...

We're all different...and of all the challenges faced by divers trying new gear for the first time...dry-suits can be the most challenging...

Try contacting the manufacturer and discussing your concern with their tech department...

They'll be the most familiar with common issues relating to their own product...they may even have their own web based customer feed-back template where your concern may have been addressed by other customers...and satisfactorily resolved...

Dive Safe...enjoy your new suit...

Warren...

For me, the pressure behind the knees was not squeeze, but rather a result of my undergarment being too long. As I kicked the material would bunchu p at the knees - very noticeable in that I would loose a lot of flexibility and get pressure marks / bruising behind my knees. Getting shorter pants worked wonders in this respect. It was all very weird as at 6'2" I generally consider myself on the tall side, but 4th element Arctic pants seem to be made for basketball players. The year after I bought them, they came out in short sizes.

GPJ3
I was also thinking it might be material bunching up rather than what we typically experience when we hear "squeeze" and "drysuit" together. However, I was thinking that perhaps the drysuit's material was too small rather than the undergarment. I guess undergarment makes at least as much sense if not more since it probably isn't made to measure like the suit.

I thought it was a water scuba diving board not a firefighter one :/

I met a guy who was diving in the middle of summer in Malta in a drysuit. He said that it was the only suit he had and he had no wetsuit, and didn’t have the money to buy one at the moment as he was saving for a wing.

why not just dive with out a suit? i hate suits, i only wear one when i know ill freeze with out one.
I'm a pretty big fella so i know i might not be the best example but in the peak of summer i dont even consider taking my suit with me, bathing suit and rash guard is the way to go.
A 2mm vest MAYBE if i get chilly but that is very very rare [at 30-35C]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom