OTS Spectrum reviews ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious about the fit of the nose pocket. I have a larger face and a higher bridge. Usually I can’t wear single lens masks like Atomics etc.

Is their sufficient room for the larger faces/noses?
For sure. The nose pocket is very large. I don't think you would have any problems with the fit.

My Spectrum fogs also but every mask I’ve ever had fogs for me so it’s an annoyance but that’s all. As far as it feeling like it wants to float off your chin, you should tighten the bottom straps first, then the sides. If you have them right you can leave the top strap completely loose. You might be doing that already but I thought I’d throw that out there.

Havent been home because I have been traveling for work since the beginning of the month, wont get to try it until next week, but it should be sitting in my mailbox. Will let you know when I get back.

Just an update. I picked up the ABV have used it just once. I was a little worried because it sits low compared to the Guardian, but I didnt have any problems with water making its way in. I shore dive, and usually have to swim 200-300 yards to my drop point, so the ABV helps a ton. very simple to open and close, and installed very easily. I think its a bit overpriced for what it is, but it does save gas on those long surface swims.

Going to use it a bit more and give more detailed thoughts later.

On another note, what regulator setup are you all using with the Sprectrum? I use my g260 and the weight of the reg pulls on the mask a bit. might get another setup dedicated only for use with the Spectrum moving forward.

@anelson-OTS we just received our first Spectrum. The nose pocket is massive on my significant other's little nose. Have you heard of any ways to work around that? Any kind of insert or some other tidbit of advice so a small-nose person can use this mask? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom