Which agency should I join if I wish to become an Elite Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is also a good GUE group there. Bay Area Underwater Explorers :) BAUE Home Page
That site has an excellent library page. In it you will find a number of important documents. Read through them and you will learn how to show recreational divers why their gear choices and skills are so bad in the event you are ever "stuck" having to dive with them. You will learn why you should not use a computer while you dive. You will learn why there is no reason to make any changes to your dive plans when diving at high altitude. It has all sorts of useful information like that.

That site has an excellent library page. In it you will find a number of important documents. Read through them and you will learn how to show recreational divers why their gear choices and skills are so bad in the event you are ever "stuck" having to dive with them. You will learn why you should not use a computer while you dive. You will learn why there is no reason to make any changes to your dive plans when diving at high altitude. It has all sorts of useful information like that.

Ouch. Some dated material in that library, for sure.

But you will never meet up with a group of like minded people to actually go diving with. Yup, would never happen. The whole purpose of the group is just for old articles on the internet. :rofl3:

My suggestion is the U.S. Navy. Can't get more elite than a SEAL.

But you will never meet up with a group of like minded people to actually go diving with. Yup, would never happen. The whole purpose of the group is just for old articles on the internet. :rofl3:
I never said that there was anything wrong with that group. I never said their whole purpose was to put articles on the Internet. The only thing I said was that they had an excellent library.

You appear to be very defensive about that. Is there a reason I should not have said they have an excellent library?

The only thing I said was that they had an excellent library.

And you were obviously lying and just being snarky. That's called "flaming"... Flaming, in the basic scuba section, which is against the rules and completely inappropriate for an alleged moderator to do. It's not the first time you've done it either...It's like a regular thing with you...

John, I accept that there are some historical documents that need updating, but your post (intentionally or not) comes across as critical of GUE. While I do know GUE divers who only dive with other GUE divers, the vast majority of them are happy to dive with safe buddies esp for recreational dives... and they will more likely than not be wearing a SW while they do it! And I don’t know a single GUE diver who - unprompted - tries to convince people to change gear. Yes, they’ll defend their use of their gear and explain to those who are interested, but these days anyway, I don’t know of anyone trying to recruit non-GUE divers.

GUE is not simply the sum of some outdated documentation that is still out there bc some there’s still value in it, regardless of how outdated some of the content is.

And you were obviously lying and just being snarky. That's called "flaming"... Flaming, in the basic scuba section, which is against the rules and completely inappropriate for an alleged moderator to do. It's not the first time you've done it either...It's like a regular thing with you...
What did I lie about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom