Coming Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Windguru.com indicates a coming norte, following one going through Galveston Saturday. My guess is that it may be a mild one for Cozumel, but from the predicted direction will probably close the port starting Sunday night and continue through Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday looking good to go.

Given the westerly component to the "north" wind, it looks like the east side should be smooth both days and especially good for the northern east side's best sites such as the Galleon and the Hanan micro atolls.

Dave Dillehay

I kinda wish I could be there to dive the east side again, especially to see those sites, but I'm sure there will be more opportunities.

Arriving on Sunday for another weeks worth of diving with Aldora and have never dove the east side...gotta say I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

Will be there Friday the 7th for a week, May need to add on another few days to the trip.

Dave, Can divers come to your shop on Sunday and get on your east side dives ?

Thanks,
Russ

Will be there Friday the 7th for a week, May need to add on another few days to the trip.

Dave, Can divers come to your shop on Sunday and get on your east side dives ?

Thanks,
Russ

Yes, you may but we will have limited capacity and will of course be giving priority to those already diving with Aldora. My guess is that with additional sign ups, but before Sunday, we can pre position more boats over there. If for any reason we can't dive there we would of course refund any deposits.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Flash Flood warning with high winds (north west of course) in Galveston today and Saturday. Looks like it is heading this way.

Dave

Monday and Tuesday not looking too good

Windguru.com indicates a coming norte, following one going through Galveston Saturday. My guess is that it may be a mild one for Cozumel, but from the predicted direction will probably close the port starting Sunday night and continue through Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday looking good to go.

Given the westerly component to the "north" wind, it looks like the east side should be smooth both days and especially good for the northern east side's best sites such as the Galleon and the Hanan micro atolls.

Dave Dillehay

Does Aldora provide transportation to the east side embarkation point, and what time are the dives scheduled?

Yes, we provide transportation by Taxi and lunch. The schedule can vary a bit but we try to get out by 9 am.

We expect that normal diving to be made Sunday morning but no night dive. By 5 pm Sunday we will decide if, and how many boats to preposition on the east side.

Dave

PS It is going to hit Galveston hard tonight. Just got a message from my son's school district that ALL extra curricular activities end a 5 PM tonight. That is big in Texas where Friday night high school football is Holy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom