A video of Izeck's last moments (Fish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackOfDiamonds

Jewish Space Laser Operator
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
While i was away on a liveaboard in Sinai a couple of months ago i found a very cute and surprisingly friendly fish on one of our night dives, i have decided to name him Izeck.

Izeck followed me around for a good 10 minutes exploring the reef with me, everything was nice and smooth.
I really bonded with Izeck until this hungry **** came along.

At first Izeck managed to hide by swimming around me, prompting the lion fish to chase him around me.
(Which was kind of scary to be honest, i lost sight of them and i was sure ill get jabbed.)

But eventually, Izeck was caught in the open and tragically lost his life:(

Audio is recommended

*Filmed using a GoPro 5*

I think you are what the military snipers call a "spotter".

I don't think you're really sorry.

Better watch out the next time you go back in the water...
Payback is a fish.

I think you are what the military snipers call a "spotter".

I don't think you're really sorry.

Better watch out the next time you go back in the water...
Payback is a fish.

In that case every diver who goes out at night is a spotter lol

Every diver who shines lights on small fish is a spotter. But then divers who swim through a school are a decoy. More than once I have been followed by a predator that was nailing the fish distracted by my passage.

To some extent that's true but focusing a light on prey and holding it there even after a predator has seen it really amplifies it several orders of magnitude.

To some extent that's true but focusing a light on prey and holding it there even after a predator has seen it really amplifies it several orders of magnitude.
After the Lion Fish circled around me a couple of times and i was worried that i will get jabbed i had no intentions of taking my light away, dont want to find out how it feels.
Izeck was a dear friend but no way ill let myself get hit by a lion fish.

Or just rise 2' off the bottom, lionfish don't like being up in the water column.

Or just rise 2' off the bottom, lionfish don't like being up in the water column.
I was not near the bottom, as the fish circled around me so did the lion fish.
I was a at least a foot away from the bottom, especially with corals present

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom