Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two questions.

First, someone, who says they were an instructor and did a lot of diving in Florida told me that the shore diving at Lauderdale by the Sea is murky with poor vivibility. True?

Second, do they really require a dive flag for shore dives? How about snorkeling?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Two questions.

First, someone, who says they were an instructor and did a lot of diving in Florida told me that the shore diving at Lauderdale by the Sea is murky with poor vivibility. True?

Second, do they really require a dive flag for shore dives? How about snorkeling?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
I have only done one dive there, but it was by no means murky when I was there. It is actually a pretty popular location. You will need a dive flag. Gold Coast Scuba, located a few blocks away, can rent the for you.

I've dove it alot, never murkey.

Take a flag.

A flag is required by law by any snorkeling/diving going past the swim buoys. I wouldn’t call it murky but the visibility varies according to conditions. Not different from any of the other local dives.

What @seeker242 said.
Safer and it’s the law for dive flag.
Murky some days. I have snorkeled there for many years and now scuba there.
It’s not crystal clear, but it has good visibility

Thanks for the replys. I have to use a dive flag here. It sux. Guess I'll drive to Largo and dive from boats.

Lauderdale by the sea is a great option for a shore dive . You will have boat fees if coming to dive in
Key Largo unless you have your own boat . Enjoy your trip !
Sea Dwellers

Lauderdale by the sea is a great option for a shore dive . You will have boat fees if coming to dive in
Key Largo unless you have your own boat . Enjoy your trip !
Sea Dwellers

Yeah, I'd rather pay the money than be tied to dragging a dive flag. I have to do that up here and I hate dive flags worse than I hate neoprene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom