I3 lever snapped - what can be done?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles80

New
Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone experienced their lever on the i3 control snapping? My bc was in good nick before this happened! What can I do? Bc is more than 5 years old but less than 10, lots of dives and looks like new as well cared for and maintained. Took to service shop in Manila and they said they cannot get part to fix (they are certified for aqualung servicing).

you can look on ebay and see if you can pick up a used i3 BC to get the i3 parts or you can switch it over to a conventional shoulder inflator. or find another shop who will actually work for you as their customer. in todays world a lot more things are sold and replaced as an assembly so you may not be able to get just the lever part. you may have to get the whole inflator unit. my opinion is if they say they can't get the part and they are an AL dealer, then they just don't want to deal with your repair or they do not have someone who can do the job. I bet if you wanted to order a brand new AL regulator or BC they would have no problem getting for you. Your scenario is just another reason why manufacturers should sell parts to the public.

Also another argument against equipment with a very specialized part not required for the same type of gear from other manufacturers.

I’ve pointed out this very situation before and I was basically scoffed at when I asked how easy or difficult it would be to get a replacement i3 lever.

Are they an Aqualung dealer, or are they just saying they have the training?
There are 4 different SKUs/colors for that replacement part in US parts list. #15434 is for grey.
I know Aqualung US is the distributor for much of the Pacific, don't know about Philippines specifically.
So they might not actually be a dealer, or they might not know how to get the part, or it might just be a real PITA to get it.

Also, the worldwide Aqualung/Apeks distribution network is not always owned by Aqualung the way it is in the US, and not all products are distributed in all regions. So if perhaps the i3 wasn't offered for sale in your area, I would understand why parts would also not be available.

I don't know the distribution plan in the Philippines, but there is an Aqualung site for Japan and another for Australia/NZ, and both display i3 models. So I doubt that they aren't sold in the Philippines. Try some more Aqualung dealers if you can find them. Don't take just one shop's word for it on parts availability.

Back
Top Bottom