HOG D1 Parts Following Discontinuation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello:

How long do you plan to have parts available for servicing the D1 regs since they have now been discontinued?

Thanks,

Christophe

Almost a month and no response. Definitely not comforting.

I think the D3 parts kits are interchangeable with the D1s.

I would not be too worried about parts availability going away too soon as the service kits for the D1 are similar to other regulators being sold at DGX and DRIS as well as the regulator was modeled after an Apeks design. The second stage classics can be upgraded to parts similar to the Zenith second stages.

I just saw this as I'm not on here very much. The D1 kits will be around for a long time. How long? I'd expect years. There are several thousand of the regs out there with many satisfied users. As someone also noted, they are still being sold in various forms. The Deep Six reg sold by DGX is a D1 with a different finish. Dive Right Inn Scuba is also selling a version of it.
The D3 kits are not interchangeable. The size of the diaphragm is different. The filter is not the same. I have a half dozen or so of each on hand at all times and with the season kicking up, will be ordering in more.
Edge HOG does not monitor this forum as much as they used to due to being busy.
I will try to keep a closer eye on it and if there are questions I can't answer I'll call them and get one for those who need clarification on something from them.

D-1 kits will be available for a long time to come....

as jim says just buy the deep six kits they work fine

The brains at HOG left years ago and started Deep 6. It's easy to interchange your 2nd stages but the first like was already mentioned is the same as the Deep 6 DGX first stage. So once you swap your 2nd stage over you can order all your parts right from Deep 6. I have 3 sets of D1/classic that I will be buying parts from Deep 6 and or DGX and moving as far away from HOG as I can.

Hello:

How long do you plan to have parts available for servicing the D1 regs since they have now been discontinued?

Thanks,

Christophe

Christophe...

Unsealed little brother of the D2...both have been available for years...made in Taiwan...manufactured under many brand names...

Popular house brand of Divers Supply in Florida...under the brand name Sea-Elite...they're also an EDGE/HOG dealer...they'd be happy to help you...nice folks...

I'm sure you'll find parts for a long time...in the event you cannot...it's a $130. regulator new...not too hard to walk away from...

Dive Safe...

Warren

I have since taught a hog course (I can also teach deep 6 )and found out the d1 service kits are still around , so much for disinformation .....im not a fanboy for either hog or deep six but like both regs so disparaging either regs is just plain stupid as they are both pretty identical (minor differences ) as of referring the "brains left ) is just an ILINFORMED dig that's just shows you really don't know what you are talking about .......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom