Coming Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow.

As a visitor to the island, the nuances and behind the scenes activities between the dive ops are unknown to me. Personally, I have never heard a dive op bad mouth another. Reading about the dive ops uniting to protest pier fees or presenting a united front in addressing the aggressive port closures issued by the harbor master may have provided the false impression that they collectively supported each other. I guess I as wrong. The bizarre Aldora envy issues resulting in sabotage is completely absurd.

Sure, the east end dives are a bonus, but if one were to conduct an informal poll of which was a priority: A) ability to dive the east side B) Dive my computer and avoid group ascents. I am guessing that 'B' will take a strong lead.

While this is very entertaining....
The Harbor Master is the problem.
Dave/Memo & Christi. Please get all the operations to work together as a team. This is in everyone's best interest, ops and divers alike. I'll be there in January and will want to dive. Can someone on the island get rid of the MFer, asshat harbor master that started all this? I know you guys have much better things to do than bicker here.
There are pics in another post on this site. Calm seas, blue skies....
Beautiful day. SE winds. Dead Calm. PORT CLOSED!
Use those pictures, go to the authorities, Collectively, and get rid of the MFer!!!
Thank you !!!

@gotdogs? not a false impression at all. There are officially 32 operations with a strong united front working together on many issues, including the pier fees and Harbor Master issues. We also have a group chat where we communicate daily and help Each other out in many ways with everything from protesting together at the harbor masters office, to renting boats and space from each other, to helping solve bigger issues and supporting each other.

@Prop Joe - see my posts in that thread you linked in your post. That is EXACTLY what we are doing. We have representatives traveling to Mexico City this week to meet with top
Level officials. We have videos of actual
Conditions from Several sites throughout the park from North to South as well
As print outs of tourist complaints on social
Media and emails as well as a Suggested plan to have formal protocols to determine port closures when actually warranted.

We are hard at work on many things in a VERY united effort despite certain claims by one person.

As mentioned in my previous post and I will
Clarify - I was not bad mouthing Aldora in any way, shape or form. I have complete respect for Memo and the Aldora team. Memo is in fact a participant in our united efforts - he and his team run a first class operation. My comments were specifically directed at Dave personally re his claims of jealous competitors causing his east side diving to be shut down and other disparaging comments about all other shops.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

time to put this thread back on topic, "Coming Norte", in case you all don't recall.

Back
Top Bottom