GF Surface for Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99 has the gradient factor of the current leading compartment. Using that info might be one way to follow a decompression gradient all the way to the surface in lieu of stops, or assess the NDL time remaining that your toy is giving you.
But if you were to surface immediately, that GF would increase dramatically as ambient pressure decreases.
SurfGF predicts the gradient factor of that leading compartment upon reaching the surface.
In a sporty situation (to use @JohnnyC 's words), seeing the GF implication of an immediate surfacing might be critical information on a dive at the edge of NDL, or on a decompression dive where you are trying to choose the "best worst option" given a gas planning deviation.
Screenshot_20181213-155249_Word.jpg

...and apart from the form factor and the bling on the Teric, I'm perfectly happy with my replaceable-battery Perdix AI's. One for me, and one for the wife for Christmas (but she doesn't know it yet). :D All I want for Christmas is SurfGF.

Surf GF is simply clever and will be a useful addition for Perdix/Petrel users. Surf GF and @5 displays together make a very nice way to monitor and plan possible changes to deco during dive. Thank you Shearwater!

The next release is already too far along. Sorry.

I use Progressive Equalization -- the isolation valve on doubles in normally closed. The valve is opened to equalize the cylinders and closed again several times throughout the dive providing a hard reserve and events that can be used as waypoints. The transmitter would be on the "primary cylinder" so it would see the pressure increased several times throughout the dive. Do you have any idea how the Perdix AI would deal with it?

SurfGF for Perdix/Petrel is slated for our next firmware release, which is currently under testing. We cannot promise a specific ETA, but it is coming.
WOW , that's customer service, awesome products and awesome company. :thumb::canada:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom