Safest locales for diving around the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlmightyApkallu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all. Without getting into politics or debate, I'm just curious what some of the safest diving locales around the world might be. If I was by myself I would simply use street smarts and take my chances where ever I might go, but with other people, family and loved ones in the mix it changes the equation a bit. I'm sure there's plenty of places.

I know there might be a lot of replies stating "Be smart about where you go and mind your business" which can be said in many places, I already know this but I'm simply wondering what locations around the world are considered as reasonably safe or safer as most of the United States. Obviously not perfect, but not some where something truly creepy might happen.

Thanks for any help!

Seaweed & dlofting... It took me a second to peer over and see your locations. I was thinking of a good argument but at this point I'm going to just surrender! I agree though, BC is a gorgeous place. I should add the diving should be warm or at least temperate (SoCal) water. I'm talking more along the lines of crime, theft, abduction, assault, murder, etc. I'll take my chances with drunks and mosquito's, we have plenty of those here in Florida!

I have never had any issue in Cozumel...

That being said, I am 6'4" and 250lbs. I have not have had any issues in any of my travels, even in Placencia, Belize while drunk, at night, alone. Now that I am aging, I might be more of a target.

Other locations where I think most folks would be safe:

Grand Cayman
Turks & Caicos (at a resort and not walking the beach at 2:00 AM)
Vancouver (the homeless are the most polite people I have ever run into)

I don't even think about safety in Nova Scotia. Maybe I do a bit in the NY area--ei, Western L.I., coastal CT & NJ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom