Penetration worthy wrecks in the Great Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was speaking generally not in reference to Great Lakes. Shipping in general has become safer than it was a hundred years ago. Disasters like Titanic and Empress are less likely today than when they did happen. Rescue and damage control has also improved. Still crap can happen.
I do agree with you, yet we do still get some great wrecks.
Some because of bad jugdement others because of morons.
Helge Ingstad: Norway stunned as warship sinks after collision - CNN
Costa Concordia - Wikipedia

If only they could place them at the right depth with easy access for divers. :)

Shipping in general has become safer than it was a hundred years ago. Disasters like Titanic and Empress are less likely today than when they did happen. Rescue and damage control has also improved. Still crap can happen.

A new a more destructive global war can very well take place within our lifetimes and we will have lots of new wrecks to dive then. No need to despair, be an optimist!!

A new a more destructive global war can very well take place within our lifetimes and we will have lots of new wrecks to dive then. No need to despair, be an optimist!!

Of course! If we live through it.

I saw this on my FaceBook feed this morning and thought that it was close enough to being on topic that it would be worth it to share it in this thread.

I saw this on my FaceBook feed this morning and thought that it was close enough to being on topic that it would be worth it to share it in this thread.
Just WOW!!!. The Gunilda photo looks as if it had been raised to the surface, great team effort to make that shot.

The Gunilda is on my bucket list to dive.

the gunilda is defiantly a dividable wreck , with proper training and attitude, and would be well worth the time and effort ,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom