Mares Puck PC Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any suggestions?

Hi again,
today I received an email from the mares support that confirms that the firmware posted on the website is only for the Quad without Air. This is a bit confusing because they use an image of the Quad Air on their download page. Next week I'll do my first dive with this Quad so i can test if I can download dive logs.

Meenwhile I simplified my circuit:

best regards
basteln

Hi all, and many thanks !!, it's works well !!! so i make a special page for the Frenchies frog :

j'ai acheté ca : CP2102N-miniEK | Kit d'évaluation USB vers UART | RS Components
et recuperé un 74HC10N ( 3 trinand) une petite diode rouge.., deux LED, une capa de 150 pf.. 4 resistances de 100 homs et une de 100K et ...c'est tout ...

Une fois le driver du Uart installé , on voit le module dans les devices sous seven
Recuperation du soft Diver-truc chez Mares

bon , comme mes portes nand ont trois entrees , je force les troisièmes a 5volts ( ou a +VDD)

Quand on plug le USB , la petite led verte du uart s'allume
Quand on active le soft , la led rouge s'allume
Quand le Puck pro communique , la led rouge marche et la verte clignote

avant ca , par fausse manip , j'ai verrouillé le puck !( blocage sur Ready PC) , donc , retrait pile puis refermé ( piece de 2 euros prise a l'etau!)

donc , mettre le puck sur pc , puis pc ready , puis connecter le + en haut et le moins en bas ( quand la pile est a gauche ves le haut et la connectique a droite ( nb, mes petits fils se bloquent tout seul dans les croix !)

connecter a USB
Lancer le soft et aller dans l' onglet ordinateur et attendre qu' il soit identifié ( dans la première minute !?)
si le numéro apparaît , c' est gagné !)

Bonnes bulles
Mat !-)

DSC_1629e.jpg

Now if only there was a way to interface a Bluetooth transmitter to the pins on the Mares Icon HD similar to the Mares Blue Link transmitters. From dive computer to phone app (Divemate) wirelessly would be my idea of heaven.

oh yes !, i'm now interested by a BT solution too !!!!!

possible by usb hosting directly on a phone ??? ( without BT )

Which dive app are you using in that picture?

I use Divemate on an iPhone and direct USB is not supported on IOS so Divemate sells a little adapter called a Fusion. Divemate also connects by BT to some computers and I was thinking a BT adapter to replace cable and Fusion dongle would be cool for the Icon.

i have to test that Andrew !!!!, great !!!!! i love your OTG !

to come back to the cable version for the puck , i'had integreted the version 2 :-!
DSC_1643.jpgDSC_1642.jpg DSC_1641.jpg DSC_1638.jpg
DSC_1637.jpg

more compact !-))

to make sure that I now solder/together put the right one and do not hurt my mares smart air
which circuit diagram you have used?

I've found this one Post #78 from Bigay
But if i compare circuit diagram to a picture, like this from Post #121 from basteln, then I see that the BAT diode is connected differently.

Bigay:
- BAT43 is connected to 1A, 1B and 4B
- 4B, 4A, 3B and 3A not connected together
basteln:
- BAT43 is connected to 1A, 1B and 2A
- 4B, 4A, 3B and 3A are connected together

Which is correct?

Regards
Tobias

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom