Rainbow Reef instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mason Gierke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be heading to the Keys at the end of July with my wife and daughter and we would like to book with RR to do our AOW, can anyone recommend a couple instructors that we should maybe request above others, I would like to get more out of the training than just the card, i know maybe we should go with a smaller outfit for more personalized service but sometimes money dictates the options.

If there's any possible way you could book Jardin McDonald as your instructor, you'll be blessed with the best :wink: That being said, they're all pretty darned good!

After just diving with them a few weeks ago I can recommend several people that seemed competent and experienced.

Aqua - This guy knows how to dive. It's my understanding he was an instructor for the Cuban Military, before coming to the US when Obama opened us up. He was a great DM, and was friendly and helpful when I changed from AL100' to AL80's... overall he seemed like a really good guy. He does have a Cuban accent, but he spoke very good english...

Phil - He's been with RR for awhile. He's one of their more experienced instructors/ DM's from what I gather. I've hired him as a private DM in the past, and he was a pleasure to dive with.

James - This guy is a beach bum (in the best way possible)... It was fun to dive with him, a very competent diver, and again, one of their more experienced staff...

Jardin - I believe he's Australasian. He know's how to dive, very competent underwater. Like Phil and James, he's been with RR for awhile.

If one of those 4 are not available, ask for Yardi or Gia...

RR does have a lot of younger/ newer staff. I'm sure they're ok, but I would really try to get an experienced person if I were you...

Oh, and don't worry about the quality of instructor at RR... their 'experienced staff' is on par with any quality instructor you'll find. They can keep their prices lower due to their size... IMHO quality is NOT comprised there...

I second (or third) Jardin. He is a wonderful teacher and a great person. I think they are quite good there so you’ll be in good hands regardless.

Jardin, Gabe, Yordi, Aqua, Neil. I don't know everyone but I'd stick with a sr staff member. I'd steer clear of the puppy mill instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom